View Full Version : For the price of a R44......

UwantME2landWHERE!
20th Mar 2006, 04:58
.....well almost:\

Although you would be more likely to get TRA clearance...!

Bid Here! (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Pre-owned-APACHE-AH64-A-D-Longbow-American-Spec_W0QQitemZ4623857135QQcategoryZ32635QQssPageNameZWDVWQQr dZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

g-mady
20th Mar 2006, 08:14
Sorry - Call me stupid but...all sounds a bit silly, "Payment by PayPal", yeah right because everybody needs to put 8 figure amounts on their credit cards once in a while!

"Will post to uk only" terrific - it WILL get lost with royal mail "im sorry sir we can't find your apache longbow - it could have been left in one of the vans?!"

Also comes with one hellfire missle or the port side - must have forgotten that one!

I dont know...

MADY

i4iq
20th Mar 2006, 08:28
Shame there's not another one... I'd quite like a matching pair.

UwantME2landWHERE!
20th Mar 2006, 09:32
....and could you imagine turning finals, pressing the TX button and blowing the back end off a Dash8 holding @ echo one.:eek:

The site looks familiar, but for the life of me I can't put a name to it!

Is it not the site north of Hexham (turn left at the Stagshaw mast) owned by a chap called Robin?

Last time I flew in there, he was selling Jap import cars......he appears to have branched out a little......

But what's the name of the site.....?

(....and no I don't have a quarter mill handy before someone tells me to have a look!):hmm:

lartsa
20th Mar 2006, 11:28
if you are thinking of robin its barrasford just one point its a good spot for fuel north of newcastle and his wife makes the best flapjak ive ever had
steve

Whirlygig
20th Mar 2006, 11:44
Am I the only one who smells Rattus Norvegicus (and I'm not talking about the ones in my roof void at the moment!)? Mission damaged? Civilian configuration? Failure to get an AOC?

Is it on a Permit to Fly? Did the owner do any research before acquiring it?

Bizarre!

Cheers

Whirls

UwantME2landWHERE!
20th Mar 2006, 12:27
Whirls,

I thought the advert was along similar lines to the ebay page with the SeaKing that was park up in the Cairngorms a few weeks ago.? :E

I could be wrong.......I think you should place a bid to check out the validity of the auction :ok:

It appears that a pocket full of 'Krugerrands' should suffice.:=

Flashover999
20th Mar 2006, 21:08
Going over Stanstead and being told to Orbit whilst the controller takes a piss and you burn money would be a thing of the past in this thing.....

Helicopter G-XXXX Orbit until cleared(Rat tat tat tat ..BOOM)
Stanstead Radar Thankyou for your help proceeding on-route via your over head, your last radio transmission was broken by 30 mm chain gun Fire!

The CAA would be worth a visit too!!

Flash