PDA

View Full Version : Royal Flight - Oman

llama411
20th Mar 2006, 01:23
Hello,

I am an omani national studing overseas...I was curious about Royal Flight how their pilots are selected. but more importantly I was curious about Oman Airs ab-initio program. What are the minimum requirements.

Thanks

bluepacific
20th Mar 2006, 03:31
At the moment two arms, two legs and ability to walk.
:}

llama411
20th Mar 2006, 03:58
what do you mean BP?

bluepacific
20th Mar 2006, 04:12
At the moment , Oman Air are losing pilots to other carriers quicker than they can train them. Better paying, and better conditions else where. A lot of new F/O's are just clocking their minimum jet time then will be leaving despite changes in up coming management (when they deside to announce).
I hear a lot of good things about Air Arabia and they recruit from ab-initio, they have taken a few Oman Air guys already and a few F/O's are applying now.
Royal Flight only takes experienced pilots as far as I know.
Hope this helps you. :ok:

llama411
20th Mar 2006, 04:36
It really does help :ok:

I have a question isn't air arabia based out of sharjah? shouldn't their ab-initio program only take emirati nationals?

MD12
20th Mar 2006, 04:37
any idea on how to contact Oman Air HR? Maybe a chance for a 737 guy.

Thanks

llama411
20th Mar 2006, 04:40
have you tried

recruit @ oas . com . om ?

thier new site is up although its still beta

AA

bluepacific
20th Mar 2006, 04:43
With plans of 40 aircraft, me thinks GCC national would be A okay.
BP

Spice69
21st Mar 2006, 09:29
I would also check out Gulf Air's Ab-initio program. They are the official flag/national carrier of Oman and are rumoured to have a Muscat base sometime soon. T&C would definetly be better than Oman Air.

bluepacific
21st Mar 2006, 12:43
GF in Oman possibly early 2007, and yes much better than WY.
Alot of WY people just waiting for GF to come then WY will probably have 1 or 2 grounded flights due no tech crew, unless of course they aren't allowed to leave WY.........:sad:

llama411
21st Mar 2006, 15:18
T&C would definetly be better than Oman Air.

1)what do you mean by that?

"GF in Oman possibly early 2007"

if you mean MCT as a base. I don't see how that is possible with the current state of the airport.

2)What are the advantages of Gulf Air over Oman air?

3)Would it be possible in GF to cummute to MCT for pilots based in BAH?

Spice69
22nd Mar 2006, 12:16
T&C = terms and conditions, GF is an established worldly airline in comparison to WY which could be described as a desert charter outfit trying to become an airline. Base pay is about the same but with allowances a GF f/o takes home more than a WY Capt if that gives you some idea.

1) A fly on the wall reports GF will be using MCT as a base probably sooner than later, indications are you could see half the fleet in MCT someday. There is also a big plan to expand MCT with a new terminal, 2nd runwayand and maybe 3rd runway by 08.

2) Many, think of flying for a commuter airline vs a major.

hope this helps, also look into getting a JAR license or expect to waste alot of money and time doing a bridging course in Doha.

llama411
24th Mar 2006, 21:27
so will FAA certifcations not be enough for them? and if so how much would a conversion course cost abroud instead of Doha? and how long is the bond is with the conversion course and how long is the bond for just type rating?

Spice69
25th Mar 2006, 03:50
I would touch base with DGCAM-Oman to see exactly what they will accept. I have seen JAA courses advertised in the states and Oz, do a search. The bridging course in Doha is currently costing the guys about 7,000 OMR at the moment for which they come away with nothing other than to say they have been there (not even a certificate). Sorry can't help you with the other figures, good luck.