PDA

View Full Version : Qantas AVV sub contract

Apophis
19th Mar 2006, 23:38
have heard Qantas is to bring in a contractor for strip and repaints at avalon its not forstaff who is it does anyone know ?

BHMvictim
21st Mar 2006, 07:18
747s? Interesting. Does this mean we are bringing work back onshore? Our large aircraft, (747s) are currently stripped/painted by barefooted underpaid workers in Beijing. Why? The OH&S laws rule out strip/paints in aussie based 747 capable hangars.

767s are done out at Richmond.

Not Forstaff employees?? Hopefuly Qantas Employees then!! Though I doubt it.

Apophis
21st Mar 2006, 07:59
have heard for the 767 not 747 maybe TAE is getting the arse but don,t know how they think they will get around The OH&S laws AVV Hangars are just not setup for work like this no matter who is doing it.

hawks05
1st Apr 2006, 09:50
have heard Qantas is to bring in a contractor for strip and repaints at avalon its not forstaff who is it does anyone know ?
I can tell you that Forstaff is going to complete paint stripping but I have been told another contractor will do the painting

hawks05
1st Apr 2006, 09:52
have heard Qantas is to bring in a contractor for strip and repaints at avalon its not forstaff who is it does anyone know ?fORSTAFF ARE DOING THE PAINT STRIP BUT SOME ONE ELSE IS COMPLETEING THE PAINT

Buster Hyman
1st Apr 2006, 11:49
With the amount of livery changes some QF aircraft do, it's a wonder there's any skin left after all that stripping!:rolleyes:

Apophis
2nd Apr 2006, 00:57
fORSTAFF ARE DOING THE PAINT STRIP BUT SOME ONE ELSE IS COMPLETEING THE PAINT
If I was a T/A utility or tradeperson I would run a mile before getting involved in stripping it was a bloody awful mess when astass used to do it this place is just not setup for it the people who think its a good idea won,t be doing it thats for sure.