PDA

View Full Version : Jobs In Brazil and FAA License validation

PA44
19th Mar 2006, 17:04
Hey everyone!

I would like to know if there is anyone where that knows how pilot jobs are in Bazil, would appreciate any informations.

My other questions are: Do brazilian accepts FAA license?

In wich countries is valid or easy to convert an FAA license.

Thks

From Belgium

wannabe-aviator
19th Mar 2006, 22:42
Hello PA

I am sure that in order to be employed as a pilot in Brazil by the Big guns like TAM, Goel and Varig or by any other legitimate Airline in Brazil then you must meet the following basic criteria.

1, Be a holder of a Brazilian Passport
2, Speak and Write Both Portugues and English
3, Must pass thier various Psychometric tests

The above mentioned criterias is what I know of through my research on the Brazilian Aviation Industry, I am sure some natives may correct me if I have said anything wrong or they may add more things that I do not know of, But either way good friend Best of Luck and May the angels of the Sky get you a Job where ever man.

regards
WA

PA44
20th Mar 2006, 10:25
Well i speak both Portuguese and English fluently, what i would like to know is for example:

This is my +/- CV

30 years old
5 years experience in aviation ( Check-in Supervision, Lost and Found, Operations, Load Control and LoadMaster ), certification from SN Brussels and TNT for Weight and Balance, Bachelor Degree in Tourism.
Speak English Portuguese Spanish Italian and French.

FAA CPL/IR with ME add-on TT 275 hours.

Is this any value anywhere?
Is my experience good to apply to any job in Brazil or in any place in South America?

Bst Regards

FEDENO
20th Mar 2006, 13:09
PA44,

Do you know somebody inside one of this companies, like the CEO, Operation Chief , HR Chief? If NO, then you have no chance there.

Sorry, but this is the reality.:ouch:

alemaobaiano
20th Mar 2006, 13:23
PA44

Do you have a Brazilian passport? If the answer to this is no you are not going to be flying for an airline here, especially with low hours and no type rating.

AFAIK much the same rules apply in other Latin American countries so your really don't have much hope.

Sorry, but that's the way it is here

ab

-IBLB-
20th Mar 2006, 14:28
PA44,

It's possible to convert your license, however medical, theory and flighttesting is required. That said, you have very slim, if not no chance of getting a job in Brazil currently especially in the current airline-situation Brazil is in. I recently tried it myself. If you have no brazilian passport, your chances are already pretty much down to zero. And seeing you have very little hours, i would advise you not to even try. As mentioned before, if you know some good people there, you might give it a shot. But i would focus on something else.

-iblb-

PA44
20th Mar 2006, 16:50
Thanks anyway for all your posts, it´s a litlle bit sad, but now i remember that i know someone from the Ops of BRA. Perhaps i´ll give a try, and about other chances in the aviation industry regarding me experince? Any advice?

Thank you all,

Muito Obrigado a todos,

PA44

alemaobaiano
20th Mar 2006, 18:03
PA44

Most aviation jobs here come under the control of INFRAERO, which is basically part of the government. To get a job with them you would have to sit a "concurso" examination. I think you only need to be resident here to take the exam, but I might be wrong about that. Unfortunately they don't have these concursos very often and they are not usually publicised outside of the country.

Another possibility would be to approach the carriers that operate to Brazil and see if they have any openings for staff here. They sometimes send their own people. IIRC United were recruiting last year for São Paulo. However, the salaries are not going to be spectacular and the cost of living in the major cities here is high.

Boa sorte
ab