PDA

View Full Version : manchester Airport Flight Check

Playamar2
19th Mar 2006, 10:57
What a joke this timetable is. Seems to have developed into a 'Rumour Mill' rather than facts. Air Berlin arriving at 05.55hrs daily(don't know where they dredged that one from), Etihad down to start in early Feb, actually startrs late March. Does nobody within TAS bother to check what they publish. I feel sorry for those who spotters who travel to Manchester Airport on the strength of the timetable as they would be sadly disappointed.

Playamar

Mogget
19th Mar 2006, 15:01
I am hoping to buy a better quality digital camcorder very shortly, and then I will be visiting Manchester airport to obtain lots of decent footage from several different locations. To be honest, I like to be surprised by unexpected visitors, rather than know every single plane that is due on a particular day.

MAN777
19th Mar 2006, 21:44
I feel I must reply to this one, I am involved with the said organisation so have an insight into Flight checks compilation and distribution

The timetable does not contain any rumours only facts provided by the Airport and Airport handling agents. On occasions the provided information changes prior to publication, this however is rare.

The timetable carries a warning that it should not be relied upon for travel arrangements, it is primarily produced for the enthusiast but is also used by taxi drivers, travel agents plus many others.