PDA

View Full Version : Desert air looking for a pilot

vaninnam
19th Mar 2006, 10:16
I noticed an ad in the Republikein last week that Desert air was looking for a pilot.They operate Cessna 310's and 210's out of Eros airport.The minimum requirement wasn't too high either.
Sounded like OK starter job.
Good Luck

arrow208
20th Mar 2006, 12:05
Searched for it on the Republikein site, but could not find the add.

Do they specify what aircraft you will be starting on, 210 or twins? Starting out in Sossus maybe?! Any idea how fast the guys move onto the C310 / BE58 or even the C208 there and do they say anything about having Namibian citizenship or is it free to all?

By the way, what is the weather doing there these days, still rainy or have the skies opened up again?

Cheers
Arrow

Phenomenon
21st Mar 2006, 10:52
I was in Nam a couple of week ago and I spoke with the owner. As far as I could understand they like employing relatively low time pilots strating on the 210 so that they can train them up according to their own standards or ops procedures.

You will most likely have to start at the bottom and work your way up but because they don't really have alot of pilots working for them it shouldn't take too long... :ok:

Bob3213
21st Mar 2006, 11:39
Well from what I heard, Desert Air will most likely put you in isolation, aka Sossusvlei, for about 3 months. Perfect time to start with that ATP's... Then move you to Windhoek where you'll climb onto the C310, BE58 an eventually the C208 or Commander. But remember: You'll be last in the queue. It's going to take a while. In other words - Heaven for a low hour pilot. Oh, and friends for life.

How' s Sudan, Arrow? ;)