PDA

View Full Version : www.gg-pilot.com? not sure about that lot!

D'vay
19th Mar 2006, 00:19
I have recently returned from the us after completing my ppl and I am currently studying the ATPL. I studied at Riverside flight center who were amazing. My instructor XXX gave me more contact time than you can imagine, the chief instructor was more than apprachable and more importantly, knows his job inside out and throughout my whole time there I wasn't allowed to waste a penny/cent because of the upright honesty of the organisation. Riverside were true bastions of the Flight Training world. I was very lucky to choose them on the basis of Pilot Magazine alone. This brings me to the point that I would like discussed.
After having a genarl browse on the internet I can accross the following site:
http://www.gg-pilot.com/
I am wondering if anybody has paid for their services (or similar services) ? They stink of all that is bad for those who are investigating their dream of becoming pilots, proffesional or otherwise. All they seem to want is your money. I could see nothing on that site (without the use of my credit card) that an aspiring pilot couldn't find by dropping in to a scholl here or calling a school advertised in one of our countries fine GA magazines or even find out here on pprune. Believe me, you newbies are goingto be forking out many hundreds and thousands of pounds and you have to make sure that this money remains in honest hands. What get's my back up most about the aforementioned site is the plain and simple fact that it can only be making money off of the naiveity of others, actualy it's worse than that, the naivety of passionate others who will sacrifice a hell of a lot of time, effort and money to achieve.
Pprune is full of horror stories about people's money. Those of you put off by this should be comforted by the knowledge that less than one percent of people really get screwed and these are the people that hammer these companies on this site. If only others would take the time to express positive views of their flight schools you would be a lot more confident about your very achievable goals!

Again, I have nothing but praise for Riverside. (I would advise anyone who P.M.s me to go there straigh off the bat!)

I am not usually one to vent off on Forums but in this instance gg-pilot.com (and I guess similar services) seem to be an unscrupulous organisation who are simply charging people for what is essentially public information, such as a two part guide to an M1 visa interview.
I'll tell you what, here is my guide.... and it's free.
On informing your flight school of what date you intend to arrive in the states, they will send you a form called an I-20.
With this form in hand phone the us embassy in grosvenor square, london to arrange an interview.
Turn up to the interview, take a seat and wait your turn.
When the lady at the desk asks you a series of questions......Answer her.
It really is that simple. Be very wary about anybody who charges you for advice, be that in aviation or in life (in my case aviation is life but let us not go off on any very silly/anal diacotomies here!).
There are other silly things that they charge for too.
I guess that gg-pilot think that they are giving people a helping hand. If they honestly believe in their product then fair enough? but Please don't help them. If they are counting their lucky stars? please don't help them!
Please can others give me their views on the site if they have used it (or similar services).
Regards
D'vay

chipieflyer
20th Mar 2006, 17:47
Ah D'vay!

You missed the main selling point "Free Sticker with Your XL Service Order "

Worth every penny!:rolleyes:

BestAviation
21st Mar 2006, 00:11
I am wondering if anybody has paid for their services (or similar services) ? They stink of all that is bad for those who are investigating their dream of becoming pilots, proffesional or otherwise. All they seem to want is your money.

Yet another penny twister on the internet. There are plenty of free sites offering the same sort (maybe even better!) of information. Maybe you won't find everything you look for on one site - but this seems to be yet another "we are the best in our field" scams.

*Discusted*