PDA

View Full Version : Medical (BP) question

JA'd
18th Mar 2006, 00:37
First time posting here so forgive the question if it has been asked many times before. I am scheduled for a phase 1 interview in New York in March and am not trying to jump the gun but was wondering about the medical on phase 2. I get pretty bad white coat syndrome when getting blood pressure checked (i.e-150/86) for something that I know counts like a physical or interview medical. The doctor usually takes it a second time and it drops a little to (140/83) but I am usually stressed by that time. So is there even any chance for me on the medical if I am lucky enough to pass phase 1. (I have a good BMI and exercise a lot just completed my first marathon and dont take any meds). Thanks in advance for the tips.

Night Watch
18th Mar 2006, 06:18
The doctors here at CX do hundreds medicals a year, and they know that your medical is for an initial issue of a Hong Kong licence, as well as part of your interview process. Therefore they expect you to be a little stressed.... I know i was! In fact they picked up a heart murmur on my initial exam. I just had to go and get a special test done... which caused more stress!

Try not to worry about it..... you'll be fine.

JA'd
18th Mar 2006, 11:24
Thanks for the advice, now first things first I have to make it through phase 1.