PDA

View Full Version : AOC Question Please

wannabe-aviator
17th Mar 2006, 18:24
Dear Fellow PPruners

It is me yet again with more unsanswered questions for you to help me with which I hope you will not mind helping me.

I need to ask if the UK CAA gave you an AOC having applied for it under the assumption you will operate 1 type of Aircraft for lets say Cargo use then a week after you have more money and you decided to include another Aircraft for PAX use or visa versa how would you inform the CAA of the new Aircraft would you need to inform them of the New Aircraft.

My second Question there are 2 types of AOC an A type and B type lets say the UK CAA granted you an B type AOC having satisfied them with thier basic requirements for such an AOC, can then the Operator of the B type of AOC, lease an Aircraft that falls under an A Type AOC meaning able to operate more than the 19PAX but under the Leasing Company's own AOC if that company is in the EEC.

I thank you very much in advanced and I look forward to hearing from you very soon.

Kind regards
WA

wannabe-aviator
20th Mar 2006, 09:34
80 or so view someone must know something to help mewith my questions, Thanks in advanced and i look forward to your help should you give it.

regards
WA

EI-CGO
20th Mar 2006, 14:00
In VERY simple terms...

The Authority would allocate you an FOI (Flight Operations Inspector).

He/she would thoroughly look at your initial set up plans, including your full set of Operations Manuals, interview your Form 4 AOC post holders who normally should already be in your full time employ and make a decision based on what they discover, there is a hell of a lot more digging that they do, but I am keeping it simple.

Engineering wise a similar appointment would be made and a similar process follows.

The above process could take anything up to a year (someone correct me if I am wildly wrong)

If both were satisfied then the CAA Financial guys get involved and before any AOC is granted they must be able to see that you have the money in the bank, or the backing to keep your commitments (getting harder these days)

To put another aircraft on your AOC exactly the same process must occour, and again can take a long time for them to be satisfied, if you were swapping from Cargo to Pax it can take a VERY long time for any sort of approval to be given, even if it is the same aircraft type.

My advice (for what its worth) is dont try to pull the wool over the Authority's eyes, they have seen it time and time again and will probably see straight through it, tell them your plans, work with them and they will be much more helpful if you tell the truth, otherwise they will just say no, and unlikely to give you much time of day in the future.

Epsilon minus
20th Mar 2006, 14:57
Even simpler, read the ANO. You will find the answers to all your questions, and more, in there.

wannabe-aviator
20th Mar 2006, 17:27
Dear Minus and EI

I thank you very very much for the information and advice you have furnished me with, I am very appreciatative of your time and help, and your advice is duely taken on board in order o fulfill my requirements on a Uni Project I am working On.

With regards to the ANO it doesnt specifically tell you what Positions the CAA need you to have in order for an B type AOC to be handed over to an applicat I however came up with the following Lists of Jobs and memvers of Managements that need to be filled But I however need a more definative list along with job discriptions.

Accountable Manager (Usually the chairman or owner of the company or someone hired for the role of taking charge of the day to day running of the enire operation and should the authorities need info he'd be the one to ask).

Cheif Pilot (Usually is the person who conducts all the training for the operation's pilots as well as work closely with HRM and Ops departments)

Dispatch and OperationsManager( He would usally take control of the staff and pilot rosters as well as help file all the relevent pre flights info needed for the pilos as well as takes contol of the turnaround of all aircrafts and manages the ground Crew).

Cheif Accountant (Theis role will involve the day to day running of the financial aspects of an airline from increasing revenue to cutting coss as well as filing all the operations accounts and wages).

H.R.M (Will do most of the company hiring and firing althought this role is not that important if the operation is only a small company with less than 30 Staff)

This is all tha I could think of id appreciate more input if you know of any that I missed, I thank you again very much.

Regards
WA

PPRuNe Pop
21st Mar 2006, 06:33
You must read the ANO more fully or get a copy of CAP 365 which refers to all AOC requirements.