PDA

View Full Version : Start Ups

Epsilon minus
17th Mar 2006, 09:05
What's the latest then. I hear rumours of a few UK one in the offing.

bacardi walla
17th Mar 2006, 09:23
Some clowns in BHX attempting to do something with L1011's, or is it A310's or is B767's or is VC10's.......now what they are trying to do is beyong me :confused:

A new J31 operator at BHX, but again, seems dead in the water....unless anyone else knows different?

Any news ?? :ugh:

teachin
17th Mar 2006, 09:44
Whatever happened to NOW at Luton? They looked promising having done proving flights and even got an AOC as far as I know. Maybe the funders got cold feet. In any case, the people that were there have a different venture as "consultants". Maybe now with things a bit more settled they could try again?

I know a lot of people left other airlines to join NOW and were dropped like a brick when they kept deferring their launch. I hope these people got jobs elsewhere or back at their original airlines. A sorry state of affairs there.

DTVAirport
17th Mar 2006, 10:32
Proposed airlines wanting to start-up in the UK that I know of:

Air Tigra - Nottingham EMA based B767 operator

Birmingham European Airways - The J32 operator which has already been mentioned in this thread (are also evaluating the Saab SF340)

Exxavia - will operate 2x A320s on behalf of Irish tour operator Aviajet

GCI Airlines - Proposed routes linking Guernsey with BHX, EDI and LBA, possible Do328Jet fleet, at feasibility stage.

Global Spirit Airlines - Boeing 742 operator

Tara Airlines - to be based at LTN, chasing an ex Etihad A332

Most dead in the water, my money is on BHX EU Airways and Tara Airlines to survive - for at least a year anyway.

Epsilon minus
17th Mar 2006, 11:51
Teachin
Now never had an AOC. They did do a proving flight in an borrowed B737 (Titan) but they were never funded so no AOC. They kept the funding, or lack of it, a secret. It was at their first management meeting at Halcyon house just before christmas of 2003 that I got wind of what was really happening, pity, there was a nice bunch of people there.
I have still to get back into the swing of proper employment since the Now affair. If anyone knows of anything I'd appreciate the nod.

bacardi walla
17th Mar 2006, 12:05
Having been on the NOW proving flight, I can say that the crew performed in a very professional manner. Lunch in BOD too was nice :)

I had the underlying feeling though that management were not telling the troops the full story. Shame, I think their ideas were workable, although some would say LTN-TFS low cost wouldn't have worked. Take a look at FlyGlobespan and see if it works these days :confused:

Maybe NOW could be reformed in some form, new name etc :confused:

Epsilon minus
17th Mar 2006, 12:27
Perhaps, if the doyens of now are watching, they can give you an answer to that question.
What's going on with Air Tigra then?

DTVAirport
17th Mar 2006, 16:49
Btw, the source where I got the info on the new start-ups I posted is below:
www.jethros.i12.com