PDA

View Full Version : Old and Current Freight Dogs Air Contractors

coopervane
17th Mar 2006, 09:00
Calling all you ex Air Contractors or indeed current ones and all conected with the great European payed holiday we used to call Eurotrans. If you are Ex 727/Airbus and are interested in a get together this summer, please append your names to this thread. The venue will be Yorkie Towers EGBE and will probably be a megga thrash if you all come out of the woodwork.
BBQ/Beer/self generated entertainment and above all, lots of pull up a sand bag stories!!!
Spread the word and leave contact numbers on my PM.
This is well overdue so give it your best shot. Uncle Eamon and the lovely Ginette await your company!!
All you that live miles away, am sure the Towers will be able to provide you with somewhere to rest your head. Also Coventry is a good GA airfield if you fancy a fly in. (Tea total types of course)
Anyway, get responding and be sure to let ACL ops know so they can come as well as spreading the word.
Regards
Coopervane & Bear :ok:

Hogg
17th Mar 2006, 11:36
hiya coop and bear!!

yeah count me in definitely, its long overdue!

arni1072
21st Mar 2006, 12:10
My too Coops. Will contact all on the herc to come as well.:ok:

arni1072
21st Mar 2006, 12:15
Any chance of holding it in OULU !!!:D

coopervane
21st Mar 2006, 12:45
Hey where are you all??? Spread the word and lets have some response!!!!!!

We can't please everyone although summer in Oulu would be good with all that midnight sun. Still staying at the same hotel??? Loved Oulu.(and Oulu loved Hogg!!) One place I would love to revisit along with Bari!!!!!!!!!!!

BUT Yorkie Towers is the place. Will be doing some ringing round but if anyone could ask Ops to print something on the rosters, that might stir some support!

When I have some idea of the numbers, will post details of when and how to get there.

Coop & keep em coming Bear

B727
21st Mar 2006, 21:41
Consider it done Coop will ask to get it out on mayfly/roster asap..

When are you thinking about, hopefully a few of us paddies will be able to make the crossing.

By the way Sea-Mouse stag is in DUB on Sat 08th April.... Open invitation I think to all scumbags... By the sound of it there'll be a gang of old timers around that weekend.

B727

Yorky Towers
25th Mar 2006, 10:27
Hi
Coop...rooms in The Glengary are available free of charge on the night however, on a first come first served basis and booked thro' me by PM.

Really looking forward to seeing you all again and in anticipation of a good turn out I will be willing to provide a bit of live entertainment and a Buffet in our newly erected '727 suite' (ok, it might be a tent in the back garden but its a b~~~dy big one fully kitted out...bit like the 72' itself:E !) so come on everyone, contact coops and lets get a date sorted out.

regards

Yorky
www.theglengary.co.uk :ok:

neil armstrong
25th Mar 2006, 10:59
I might even show up if the date fits and im allowed into th country!

Neil

biggls
25th Mar 2006, 21:43
Ok is the get together only for 3 holers and bus drivers from contractors? or can a big fat feller witha beard from a previous life flying 4 round engins also come?

threestable
26th Mar 2006, 00:39
Noj ise that yuo per chanse?
Count me in... His Guinness needs all the turnover it can get!

Yorky Towers
26th Mar 2006, 06:55
Cheeky B~~~~~D unstable....nothing wrong with my Tangy Guinness:{ !. Look forward to seeing you, and you JG :ok:

Yorky

coopervane
26th Mar 2006, 13:50
All drivers, ex drivers, spotters or even if u were the bloke in the Franklin who was just pissed off with all those paddies.

Brothers Bowles (Chuckle Brothers) get in touch!!!!!!

Come on down!!

Uncle Yorkie...............give uz a date to go with.

Coop & Bear

Yorky Towers
26th Mar 2006, 16:43
July...August?? You tell me!

Yorky

coopervane
29th Mar 2006, 13:09
Ist JULY

Roll up roll up Its Official. Ist July. Saturday Night. 19:30 kick off.

All of you wanting accomodation, PM Eamon (Yorkie). asap on a first come first serve basis.

Need more names. Come on guys.

If you cant come make sure you find someone to replace you!!

Anyone heard from Bez? Al Bampton? Rob Bailey? Ruth? (steady Yorkie!)
Brian King? or Micks...Ian Cooper? John Murray,Brenden Sweeney? Me brains going.......you know who ur!! If John Rawl reads this....be nice to see you and any ops staff.

Glengary Hotel End of the runway Coventry England

Part of the Williams Group of Companies.
Be there or be square

Coop[ & Party Bear

B757SF
31st Mar 2006, 14:57
would love to attend the william group of companies bash..
rgds b757sf:ok:

coopervane
31st Mar 2006, 15:38
More like it.......but want this to be a big gathering so tell all to post on here their intentions.

Need numbers for Chris Berry, Pat Plunkett, Brian King,Tony Paxton,Neil Shaw, Malcolm Granville,John Morrisey,Phil Marks,more to follow,,,,,,,,,,,

Coop & Bear

coopervane
6th Apr 2006, 15:09
1st July. Its still game on. Need more names. All you guys out on the routes give the bash a push. You have all got plenty of time to make your excuses so lets make it the bash of the year!!!
Coop & Lets Party Bear!!!!!!!!!!:} (Big letters for all you old gits!)

teaboy1
8th Apr 2006, 22:05
Obviously not interested in BIG NAMES attending????????

Yorky Towers
9th Apr 2006, 07:07
Thought you were coming Tea Boy?????:E Whilst I'm on, to keep ya all updated, due to the fact the original entertainer I had booked for the evening of the 1st cannot make it now, I am open to suggestions for a replacement for Gene............regards Yorky:ok:

coopervane
9th Apr 2006, 19:37
Mike Baldwin's agent says he wont be able to make it as guest speaker. Ditto for Ronnie Barker.

teaboy 1........More than welcome....can u sing??? !!!

Coop & show biz Bear:}

Yorky Towers
9th Apr 2006, 20:32
Anyone have John Denver's number by any chance?:p

threestable
11th Apr 2006, 08:38
Count me in. Hear Nasty has booked The two Ronnies at half price.

coopervane
11th Apr 2006, 16:26
Already counted u in stable but u can come twice!

Company rules for the night...... Beer 250 before 10
You can't go down unless you fall down
Company Noise Abatement..1500 watts, turn the music up.
Wet bar reduction......pint to remain on bar until V1 is reached.
Crew duty time........all crew to remain on duty in the bar......discression to extend to be limited to 100%

Minimum Equipment List to include wallet,sense of humour and empty stomach.

NOTAMS: WIP. Obstruction at front of Towers beyond taxiway Echo. Crews are advised to taxi with caution past the Echo Whiskey Wallet.

Arrivals: All arrivals to complete the Eamon 1A STAR and be advised the ILS (Idiot in Loud Suit) is out of service.

Come on.........we need more peeps.......get spreading the word!!!!!!!!

Coop & Bear

Nineiron
16th Apr 2006, 21:23
Eh?, what?, who woke the F/E? Did someone say beer?
I'll be shuffling along in the old carpet slippers, if the pension hasn't all been drunk at the Guppy reunion 2weeks before.

bank_and_yank
17th Apr 2006, 12:34
I can't sing and I can't dance but I'll be there :ok:

coopervane
17th Apr 2006, 13:45
Nice to see you are all coming out the woodwork! Am still looking for a load of dudes who havn't been in touch. If you see any buddies out on the routes who havn,t been in touch, give them a nudge.

Uncle Eamon needs a list of definates and those who want accomodation so if you are coming please let him know. If you need contact numbers PM me.

Coop & Bear:}

coopervane
27th Apr 2006, 19:02
Yes the do is still on. You have all gone quiet on me again!!!

Anybody out there!!!

Coop & Bear:}

JW411
27th Apr 2006, 19:49
Coopervane: If you are still looking for Ally Bam I might be able to help. Send me a PM.

coopervane
30th Apr 2006, 20:24
Thanks JW see pm. Ally Bam last heard of rounding the horn in a tin bath. Any more updates??

Coop & Old sea dog bear

coopervane
3rd May 2006, 16:42
Hi All,

Spoke with Uncle Eamon the other day and as yet no one has booked any accomodation. If you want a free bed for the night, please let him know as soo as possible. I know its difficult to plan ahead but give it your best shot.

Cheers

Coop & Bear:ok:

coopervane
15th May 2006, 12:29
Hey.............keep in touch. I know July 1st is a few weeks away but i need to keep this thread going. Please please if you are coming get in touch with Uncle Eamon as he needs to know approx numbers and who wants accomodation. Even if you have said yes give him a call. If you are a maybe then call him anyway. If you want the number pm me.

And.........any chance if any administators reading this....could you make it a STICKY??? yeah taut twas alredy hogg

Cheers Coop & Bear

Nineiron
15th May 2006, 15:19
There's some thing to be said for guys who have nothing to say, not saying anything.

Monitoring the frequency, back to standby mode.

Yorky Towers
16th May 2006, 15:37
Sorry...what did you say?:D

DANTRANS
17th May 2006, 13:02
Who the hell am I talking to ? PM ?

DANTRANS
17th May 2006, 13:19
I'm an ex F/E with Hunting/ ACL Ireland. 727 and bus. The one who had radical surgery for life improvement.

YAAYYYYYYYYY.

It works good. !!!!!!!!!!!

Marie. xx.

wheelbarrow
25th May 2006, 04:20
Can't remember me password......I will be there, along with me brother who still keeps the family interest in freight going.....looking forward to it. As long as you all realise some of us are really cultured these days, now that we're flying drunken shell suits around.

Something weird going on here, I've responed as me and me brother!

Hogg
25th May 2006, 11:14
http://static.flickr.com/44/152921231_9e6ea655bd_t.jpg

Well u know ugh!!

coopervane
30th May 2006, 11:06
Well enough coming to warrent a beer fest and will be doing the hard sell during flaming June. So before you all book your two weeks in Torremilinos, tell her indoors that your diary has a big spoken for on July 1st!

Are you coming Hogg?? I remember you and Cooper dragging me off to some bar in Brussels for a few pints one night. I recall sitting on the doorstep the next morning watching the dawn come up. Thats the spirit we are trying to capture here. Well spirits and Eamons Watneys Red Barrel!

Yorkie needs his spirits lifting at the moment and am sure the sight of all you ale monsters will bring a chuckle to that slim waistline!

So in the words of Micheal O Leary............Get here on time, sit down and stop yer moaning......its all but free.

Stop Press........Ruth is coming and is the caberet for the night........her pole is arriving the day before by DHL so don't hold your breath!!

Keep the PM's coming.....

Coop & RSVP Bear:ok:

Hogg
30th May 2006, 12:49
Yep Ill be dere, booked 2 days off around it. Yeah I remember dat one coop and many more. Fun.............................:cool: :oh: :oh:

victim
31st May 2006, 17:30
Just requested two days off, so hope to see you all there.
50 quid says you can't guess who tho...........;)

coopervane
31st May 2006, 20:50
No idea Victim!! give uz a clue??? Good on yer that you maybe coming.

Coop & Hopeful Bear:ok:

freightdogg
1st Jun 2006, 22:02
if my good mates pm is going , im going , lots of love ......freightdogg.ps has anyone invited rory ellis.

coopervane
2nd Jun 2006, 05:22
Just a reminder..........this is an open invite to all Air Contractors 727/Bus Freight Dogs so if you see anyone on your travels tell them to be there or be square.

Coop & Bear

PS Final Details to follow regarding start time and directions. July 1st for your diary.

PPS Anyone seen Peter Kemp on their travels?? Give him the nod!

victim
6th Jun 2006, 11:26
Requested days off approved!

See you all on July 1st

Victim

arni1072
6th Jun 2006, 22:24
Hey coops
Rog and I have already booked, I hope, into Eammon's gaff.

Already requested days off and everyfing!

Hope to see you all there.

Arni:ok:

coopervane
8th Jun 2006, 17:48
Hey there....am impressed!!! Nice trickle starting now building up to the big day. Eamon says he has a couple of bands booked and thats a little tasteless to say the least CR2

Michele G.at ACL has published it on the mayfly so many thanks.

Directions and final start time will be posted soon

Fly Safe

Coop & Bear

coopervane
11th Jun 2006, 12:54
Sorry CR2 One of my tasteless days.

Coop & legged it Bear

Yorky Towers
12th Jun 2006, 09:19
Uhmm.....am I missing something here coops?:ugh:

coopervane
12th Jun 2006, 20:52
Got a yellow card off the administrator!

Coop & Best behavoir Bear:ugh:

Yorky Towers
12th Jun 2006, 21:28
You'll get a RED ****ing card if you don't share your little secret!
:=

PS: Good turn out expected coops, get ur head in the books in case of any suspicious questions for any future Job prospects!

coopervane
13th Jun 2006, 18:07
Questions like ......is it my round? and should I put the cheque inside the application form?

Yes looking good and looking forward to it!

Coop & Beer Belly Bear

coopervane
18th Jun 2006, 11:27
Hi All........

Ok here is the info for the dooooo!

Kick off 1800hrs Saturday JULY 1st. Directions.....www.theglengary.co.uk

Please book your free accomodation now!!!!!!!!!

Been ringing round but still some people to ask so please spread the word!

Coop & I will be there Bear:D

mini
18th Jun 2006, 21:58
Hi Chaps, not connected with Air Contractors, other than having "Contracted" them to solve problems over the years.

I read Bill Lynch, CEO of Imperial Holdings, AC mother company, has been named "Entrepreneur Of The Year" by Ernst & Young.

Good company, excellent service, excellent guys. Enjoy your bash.

:ok:

coopervane
18th Jun 2006, 22:29
Oh sh** I knew I had fogotten to invite someone. If you read this Bill, get yer bum down the Glengary and we will all chip in for a beer!
(well half anyway!)

Coop & Bear

threestable
19th Jun 2006, 20:03
Coops and manky rat like bear... did you get the hit list I sent? If he makes it a barbeque I'm havin the bear.

coopervane
20th Jun 2006, 09:00
Threestable......yes thanks. Been on the blower yesterday. Good Irish contingent coming across so tell nasty to not to water down the Guiness.
Hope u are coming as we need to drag the occasion down to base level!

Coop & yer know Bear

PS. The bear aint going near any BBQ:=

Yorky Towers
20th Jun 2006, 10:03
Now then unstable....Good idea, BBQ it is, can save a fortune by sending the Chef's home and letting you Frazzle everything to a cinder over the heat!:ok: Bit like ya used to do with the ol' DC6 Pratt & Whitneys..:E

C you all soon

Regards

Yorky

coopervane
22nd Jun 2006, 12:43
Book yer digs now. Its filling up fast. Call the Glengary today

Cheers
Coop and I'm not sleeping on the floor Bear

coopervane
25th Jun 2006, 18:49
The evening coincides with England's next big game so will ask uncle Eamon to put some new valves in the black and white box for your entertainment.

Should be reason enough to add to the nights atmosphere! If Neil Armstrong is coming and the dutch make it through tonight, it may be a little one sided on the support front!!!

Coop & Wayne Rooney Bear:E

Yorky Towers
26th Jun 2006, 09:40
Coops is right however, all is in hand. We have a large Marquee erected at the back of Yorky Towers and for the previous England matches I have been getting my 52 incher out and showing it in the Tent!, draws quite a crowd!;) So with that & Murray Poking the BBQ it should be a good night.

Yorky

PS Not to worry moonwalker...maybe next time:E

coopervane
27th Jun 2006, 04:41
Stop press

Air Atlantic DC6 to do fly past (well fly over) as well as a few Thomson Fly 737's and other Atlantic junk.

Comet missing a 54 incher and local scouts missing a tent.

Looking forward to seeing you all.........

Coop & oooooooops pardon me bear:D

coopervane
1st Jul 2006, 10:49
Any last minute dudes reading this.....get yer bum round to the towers!

Thank you all for your response. Hope u all turn up!

Me and the bear will be there at 4.

Coop & should be a hell of a night Bear:D

coopervane
3rd Jul 2006, 00:17
Well just got home after a great night.
Nice to see all the old faces and I hope everyone had a good time.

Thanks again to Yorkie for his generous contribution. How strange then when some people are offered a bed for the night, they chose to kip on the soafa in the bar!!!!!!! Still you can't take the vagrant spirit out of some people hey Mr Marks!

Will post the photos on here if the administator allows. If we do it all again, maybe the absentees will be able to make it next time.

So me and the bear will sign off and once again thank you all for coming.

Coop & who spilled beer all over me bear:ok:

Hogg
30th Aug 2006, 13:22
Hi Guys

Well eventually some pics are up with a link in the private forum, great day.
We should do it again soon.

Anyone connected to us can pm me if you cant access the forum.

Cheerzzzz Hogg