PDA

View Full Version : Gmail remembers my username and password when it shouldn't.

Hobgoblin
16th Mar 2006, 18:25
On my work computer, even though I do not have the bit where gmail remembers me ticked, as soon as I put in my username my password gets filled in automatically. So theoretically anyone who knows my email address has access to it. Isn't there a setting in gmail to prevent this kind of thing?

It's not a big deal as I don't use the gmail account much but it is worrying. Any ideas?

Tisme
16th Mar 2006, 18:50
It sounds like to me that when you have logged in there it has asked if you want the pc to remember your password of that site and you may have said yes. Hence when you put your e-mail address in it remembers the password. Try clearing out your cookies that I think should clear it.

AIRWAY
16th Mar 2006, 18:55
It doesn't!

I have tried deleting cookies so many times, but it doesn't work :\

PS - I'm having the same problem.

SyllogismCheck
16th Mar 2006, 19:14
Click on Tools at the top of Internet Explorer > Click on Internet Options > Click on the Content Tab > Under Personal Information Click on the AutoComplete Tab > Click on Clear Passwords. Try Gmail again and see if that's done it. If so IE should throw up a prompt box offering to remember the password for you after you've, hopefully, had to type it in. Tell it no, no thanks and never again. :ok:

Sorry, should have said. If using Firefox it's Tools > Options > Privacy > Passwords > uncheck 'Remember Passwords' box then 'View Saved Passwords' and remove those you don't want there.

AIRWAY
16th Mar 2006, 19:23
Great stuff!!!

Worked :ok:

Thanks

Hobgoblin
16th Mar 2006, 23:01
COOL!!!
Great directions, thanks very much. I'm used to FireFox and never had the problem. Work uses Internet Explorer and obviously won't allow me to install my own browser. :(
I'll remember that one. Thanks again:ok:

Richard Spandit
18th Mar 2006, 19:24
Firefox, at least the version I'm using, has an option under the Tools menu to "Clear Private Data" - just an easy way of cleaning up on a communal computer