PDA

View Full Version : so, why doesnt anyone talk about biman?

richie-rich
16th Mar 2006, 17:59
what are the requirements? any bangladeshi pilots? are they running short on crews? what are my chances to get into the airline as a bangladeshi? with 230 hour CPL, IR, some of which is multi engine time?

thanks a lot
richie

Slasher
19th Mar 2006, 01:49
Oh by all means! Bangladesh is a beautifull lovely country and Dhaka a city paradise! :=

Capt.Bee
19th Mar 2006, 02:16
Who's Biman ? .........Boy, I don't think this is the right site to ask. Good luck anyways..

Left Wing
19th Mar 2006, 05:24
Why not Pakistan, Iran, Zimbabwe :} :}

Metro man
19th Mar 2006, 07:14
Give Richie a break please. He's a Bangladeshi asking about the chance of getting a job with his national airline. Prehaps it isn't the most desirable job or place to live but if he wants some information to help him make the choice what's the harm ?

Haven't most of us been in his situation, low time and wants to get a start.:ok:

richie-rich
19th Mar 2006, 12:07
metro
thanks for your input. i cant be swayed by the "intelligent" comments made by the highly-talented guys like left wing, slasher and ofcourse capt bee who, god knows how and why, considers himself a captain in his own land.
:bored: nevertheless, i am feeble enough to comment coz they are in the top decks of the flight here.

yeah i am bangladeshi and been living in oz for a while. i guess all i can ask for is some "real" info and not "wise" comments which help none.

take care all
richie

Slasher
20th Mar 2006, 07:38
Huh? What'd I say that was so wrong? :confused:

richie-rich
20th Mar 2006, 09:40
slasher :bored:

alatnariver
21st Mar 2006, 02:16
Well I don't know what Biman's entry requirements are. My guess, and it's not more than that, is that the way into the airline is via the national airforce. But this is purely based on what I've seen in this part of the world, but not only there. I haven't heared that they have a lot of expat crew if at all, this is an other hint to me that the way in might be only via the armed forces.

As I asume that you are speeking Bangladeshi (?) or how ever the local language is called - please foregive me that I don't know it :bored: - why don't you give them a call? The contact details can be easily found on the airline's website http://www.bimanair.com/aboutus/contactus.asp and there you would get first hand information. But keep in mind you are a newbi.

Anyway good luck! :ok:

richie-rich
21st Mar 2006, 13:30
thanks alatnariver
wilco :)

boeingbus2002
9th Apr 2006, 10:09
Requirements will be to convert your licence to their national licence.
Usually involves doing Air Law and maybe a type exam. Depends on how much they value your licence. Will also need to do a flight test too. Try to contact the CAA there to get an exact breakdown. Nationality is also required.

There is talks of big changes there..(isnt there always?!!) rumours are they may get Airbus A319/A320 for local stuff and A330/777 for long haul.

Other domestic carrier is GMG Airlines. They fly Dash 8 300s. I saw an ad that they are looking for MD80 FOs and Captains. Sign of something more to come?! Also a group from UK have acquired finances to establish another private carrier. Possibly based on or in association with Air Asia (Malaysia).

Does anyone know how experience with these companies will be viewed when returning back to UK or other carriers? It looks like a potential way to get foot in the door!

Best of luck