PDA

View Full Version : The Pilot Training College Ltd

Rhysicles
16th Mar 2006, 14:40
Now that PTC, the Pilot Training College Bournemouth Ltd has gone into liquidation today, the choice at Bournemouth gets less and less.
What happened to the money that we students put up?

november.sierra
16th Mar 2006, 15:42
Does anyone know what implications this has on PTC Waterford?

Keygrip
17th Mar 2006, 01:38
Rhysicles - check PM's (if you haven't already).

too_sleepy
17th Mar 2006, 09:43
Questions regarding the relationship between PTC in the UK and Waterford have been asked a few times without any success.
PTC Waterford is an option for me next month for my CPL Multi/IR so I'll be doing some digging on Monday. I'll post anything I find out.

darragh_ptc
17th Mar 2006, 13:37
Too Sleepy:

PTC in Waterford is very much alive and flourishing, I have sent you a PM on the matter.

Regards,

Darragh Owens
Pilot Training College of Ireland
Waterford Regional Airport

RVR800
17th Mar 2006, 14:21
Oh dear what caused this to happen?

Shortage of punters, staff?

The Pilot Training College website is down as well...

Sorry thats just the UK PTC

biaeghh
18th Mar 2006, 11:43
Tony Kember's company went bust owing in excess of £120k to a list of creditors as long as your arm, surprising and disappointing when you consider he was the chief flying examiner for the CAA. Amongst the excuses at a recent creditors meeting was the impact of 9/11 and rather bizarreley he was owed money by SFT (despite the fact he was the HOT there at the time of its demise).

Still everycloud has a silver lining Mr Kember is now back with Mr Green at CABAIR (Bournemouth) as a CFI (crooked flying instructor), and I understand he was able to transfer his approvals to EPTA courtesy of that well known regulatory body that has every students interest at heart ( or should I say wallets).

He is a disgrace to the training industry.

scroggs
18th Mar 2006, 12:35
Rhysicles and Biaeghh - may I ask what your relationship is to PTC/ETA and/or Cabair? Perhaps you could detail your allegations about creditors - particularly student creditors - and what your objections are to the takeover by Cabair?

I'm not trying to cause trouble here; I am simply trying to understand what has been going on.

Scroggs

BillieBob
18th Mar 2006, 15:30
Scroggs - Let me see if I can help your understanding.

According to contacts at the Belgrano, the transfer of approvals is not possible under JAR. As soon as a training provider ceases to meet the requirements the approval is suspended and will not be re-instated until the requirements are again met. When PTC ceased trading, its approvals were suspended and have now expired.

At the time that PTC ceased trading Cabair's approvals at Bournemouth were already suspended as the nominated Head of Training had left. Cabair then employed Mr Kember as the new Head of Training and, since it again met the JAA requirements, its existing but suspended approvals were re-instated. Cabair does not currently hold any approvals that it did not hold prior to the departiure of its previous Head of Training.

Whatever the financial liabilities of PTC at the time that it ceased trading, my understanding is that none of its students was disadvantaged, their training being continued under the re-instated Cabair approvals. The same cannot be said for, among others, other training providers at Bournemouth, which may explain the unfounded allegations being made here. Perhaps your access to IP addresses may help you in determining the real identities of the likes of Rhysicles and Biaeghh.

biaeghh
18th Mar 2006, 16:18
Billie Bob,

No one suggested in any post that any students have been affected financially, and maybe you could elaborate on your suggestions that other FTOs at Bournemouth are acting inappropriately.

For your information there was a meeting of all creditors in Southampton last thursday morning which went into the histrionics of PTC/ETA and its subsequent downfall, ironically TK had himself listed as a creditor which gives you an indication of the shambolic way the system works.

Here we have another fto going under in a time when the industry is in a boom period, situations like this do nothing for the reputation of ftos, especially when you consider the people involved.

scroggs
18th Mar 2006, 17:27
Actually, biaeghh, that's exactly what Rhysicles implied in this post:Now that PTC, the Pilot Training College Bournemouth Ltd has gone into liquidation today, the choice at Bournemouth gets less and less.
What happened to the money that we students put up? That suggests to me that he thinks some students' money has gone astray - or he is mischevously trying to suggest that. My information is that all students' money was placed in a safe account at the time of the collapse/takeover, and that none went astray. If anyone knows any different, then we need to hear about it.

Scroggs

biaeghh
19th Mar 2006, 09:57
Scroggs.

My understanding is the students monies is safe.

Grungefuttock
23rd Mar 2006, 17:05
Scroggs.
My understanding is the students monies is safe.
Before anybody presumes anything they should look at the facts.
FACT. ETA Ltd and PTC Ltd were put into liquidation by the creditors last Thursday morning after they learned that there were very few assets in either company. The initial liabilities are mentioned elsewhere in this thread.
FACT. Part of the money in the bank account was used to pay the costs of the meetings. (ETA and PTC. 4,000 quid plus VAT.)
FACT. The students monies may or may not be safe. The liquidator of the two companies is investigating the status of the students "Trust Account".
Any student having paid in advance or anybody wishing to verify the facts should contact:-
Tenon Recoveries Plc, Chandlers Ford, Hampshire.
who are the liquidators appointed by the creditors.
FACT. Caveat emptor. (Buyer beware)