View Full Version : Airtour vs. Pooley's

Pandalet
16th Mar 2006, 09:26
Does anyone know what the difference between and Airtour flight computer and a Pooley's one is? As far as I can tell, Airtour seems to be an earlier version of Pooley's (same item names, seem pretty similar), possibly an earlier trading name? :confused:

'Chuffer' Dandridge
16th Mar 2006, 09:31
Correct. Airtour was the brand name at one time, a bit like Marks & Spencers had the trade name of 'St Michael'

:ok:

Whirlygig
16th Mar 2006, 09:34
I'm not sure of the difference (I would have thought that theoretically there shouldn't be any except maybe in how they are used!) between the various flight computers on the market but I believe that the use of the Pooley's CRP-5 (for commercial training) is encouraged by the major schools. This is the one they use in their books and study material and I have heard, is also the one used by the CAA question setters so you are more likely to get the same answer if you use a Pooley's.

The boys and girls on Profession Pilot's Training forum may be able to help as well!

Cheers

Whirls

Pandalet
16th Mar 2006, 18:07
Comparing a picture of a Pooley's CRP-5 to the Airtour CRP-5 in front of me, they look identical, right down to the markings and stuff. Which, I guess, means the CRP-5 hasn't changed much for quite some time...