PDA

View Full Version : Loco alliance

wawkrk
16th Mar 2006, 04:22
Maybe it will never happen but, what if the locos formed an alliance to make onward connections possible.
In my opinion it would boost European loco seat sales in a big way.
I think many passengers who cannot travel onwards to their final destination,do not use low cost flights.
For example, how many passengers travelling to Amsterdam with KLM, have this as their final destination. I think very few.
To reclaim the luggage and then check in again, is not in most cases not acceptable.
You could as an example, fly to Germany with Easyjet and connect with Germanwings to travel onwards to the next destination which is not served directly by your local airport.
A bitter pill for the locos to swallow I know but a big increase in sales.
For the full service airlines this would be a nightmare situation.
Ok, so a slight agreed increase in cost.
Would it ever work?
Ryanair,Easyjet,Skyeurope,Wizzair,Germanwings,Jet2,Centralwi ngs etc.

wawkrk

Hotel Mode
16th Mar 2006, 08:31
Don't see it working, none of the Locos permit through booking on 2 of their own flights let alone others. The costs of baggage interlining and the fact they'd be liable for missed connections make it too expensive for them. Anyway most of the majors are pretty competitive on price these days.

wawkrk
16th Mar 2006, 13:27
The majors are competitive but not much choice from the regional airports but plenty of locos.Who wants to take 3 flights when you can do it with 2 for example but you have reclaim the bag and check in again.

james170969
16th Mar 2006, 14:29
I can buy through tickets from Glasgow to various destinations in Germany (via Stansted) with Air Berlin and I don't need to pick up my luggage at Stansted. By all accounts flights between Glasgow and Stansted are always full or nearly full.

CargoOne
16th Mar 2006, 14:56
AirBerlin is not really a loco. They are much closer to traditional airlines: several aircraft types in fleet, possibility to buy a ticket through the travel agent (the flights are listed in GDS), possibility to choose a seat at booking stage, check-in with seat assignement, free snack and drink, frequent flyer programme etc.