PDA

View Full Version : Missouri Skies

PPRuNe Pop
15th Mar 2006, 18:59
Stand by people to enjoy a fabulous site on which you can enjoy the endeavours of a gentleman called Dan Marsh who is besotted with photography, especially the sky day and night.

He also takes VERY long range pictures of aircraft and you will be able to see those too. He wants you to enjoy them.

My brother who lives in the US sent me this LINK (http://www.missouriskies.org/photogallery.html)

Have fun.

PPP

Oshkosh George
16th Mar 2006, 13:29
Er--------think that should be Dan BUSH, Pop! Go and write 500 lines!
Anyway,is that not blatant advertising?;)

Lovely pics,by the way!

PPRuNe Pop
16th Mar 2006, 14:51
Dan Bush is correct. Thanks.

No. Not blatant advertising. Some links to astronomy but very little. It is the pictures that are interesting and I doubt that few people would be taken with much else.

However, if the boss wants to take it down he will

con-pilot
16th Mar 2006, 16:11
Very nice pictures, happily we have the same views at sunset here in Oklahoma.

One can never not be impressed seeing the backside of a 60,000+ foot thunderstorm in the evening, unless said thunderstorm is sitting over the airport you had planned on landing.

Racing a roll cloud to the end of the runway on landing also can be rather interesting.:ooh:

PPRuNe Pop
16th Mar 2006, 21:26
You also have the 'best' views of Tornados I hear!!

PPP

con-pilot
17th Mar 2006, 03:05
Yes, sadly mother had the privilege to experience the strongest tornado ever recorded in history. Her three story home was totally destroyed.

After we figured out the time-line I landed at the same time the tornado hit her house. The airport I landed at was on the west side of Oklahoma City while she was on the south east side of the city. I was looking at the storm on my radar, there were really a lot strong thunderstorms all over Oklahoma that afternoon, and I had to do a lot of deviating to get into the airport.

After I landed my wife and drove to mother's neighborhood. It was worse than anything one could see in Iraq. Total devastation, miles and miles of nothing left but the concrete foundations. Some of the of the streets had no pavement left.

Anyway, Oklahoma is a great place to live, except for the occasional tornado and the odd Federal Building bomber.:E