PDA

View Full Version : Delivery of SAA B744 to Cathay

SAA201
15th Mar 2006, 18:52
Hi all,
SAA's B747-444, ZS-SAW 25152 (861) "Bloemfontein" left South Africa for the very last time from Jo'burg International at 1206z today on a non-stop flight to Xiamen (XMN / ZSAM) as SA4288, still in full SAA colours. This was the delivery flight of the aircraft to Cathay Pacific Airways. Over the next few months the aircraft will be undergoing a conversion to a full freighter and will thereafter join Cathay's Cargo fleet.
Sister aircraft, ZS-SAV, will be doing her last flight for SAA this week and will be also be delivered to Cathay soon.
SAA will then be left with only 6 B747-400's in their fleet.

SIC
17th Mar 2006, 16:52
Man what a memory that just brought back. I was in Bloemfontein when that plane was flown in there brand new to be christened. If I remember right it was around 1991. After the namegiving ceremony people were allowed to visit the flight deck - first time I ever saw glass cockpit - awesomely motivational stuff for a teenager who dreamed of becoming a pilot. And today I am lucky enough to be calling the 400 my office!:ok: :ok:

Selcalweb.co.uk
25th Mar 2006, 23:55
Hi all,
SAA's B747-444, ZS-SAW 25152 (861) "Bloemfontein" left South Africa for the very last time from Jo'burg International at 1206z today on a non-stop flight to Xiamen (XMN / ZSAM) as SA4288, still in full SAA colours. This was the delivery flight of the aircraft to Cathay Pacific Airways. Over the next few months the aircraft will be undergoing a conversion to a full freighter and will thereafter join Cathay's Cargo fleet.
Sister aircraft, ZS-SAV, will be doing her last flight for SAA this week and will be also be delivered to Cathay soon.
SAA will then be left with only 6 B747-400's in their fleet.

Thanks for posting this, most useful! Look forward to reading about any other interesting movements/ferry flts!

R