PDA

View Full Version : THE BEST ROUTE TO GO DOWN FOR CORPORATE FLYING?

AT_007
15th Mar 2006, 18:44
Hi,

Am currently taking PPL in LA which is JAR complient.
Looking to go down the corporate route, but wanting to fly throughout Europe.
Problem being that i wanted to take my CPL in the states, as obviously cheaper and better weather for flying on a daily basis.
Does anybody have any ideas or have already looked into it?

Thanks Guys,
A

redsnail
15th Mar 2006, 18:57
To make yourself useful to corporate aviation you'll be wanting to get a good range of experience in GA. The US is a good opportunity to do this. Find an FBO that has a few bizjets. Talk to them, find out what they want. Make yourself useful and while doing that, build up your multi time.

This will help over in the UK as well. Many bizjet opportunities come about by you being "johnny on the spot" at the FBO and the boss liking the look of you. If you've done more than the bare minimum and seen to be keen then you might get a go.

Unfortunately for you, companies like Netjets want a min of 1500 hours (and JAA ATPL) to get a lookin in Europe.

AT_007
16th Mar 2006, 23:24
really appreciate your help on that!
I was wondering if there was any programs within these corporate companys based in England or states in order to gain the experience with, so that a job was deffinate at the end?

Its hard without the hours i know, but was hoping there would be some way in which i could persue a career as a trainee for a company.

cheers for your help