PDA

View Full Version : Bu@@er the Typhoon - get more Air Defence Variant Tristars

Cambridge Crash
14th Mar 2006, 12:16
From March 2006 'Soldier' magazine, page 18:
When the air bridge works, it is a highly efficient transport service, taking soldiers thousands of miles quickly and efficiently in comfort.
While there are inevitiable frustrations when the system breaks down, the introduction of more TriStars with air-defence capabilities in the future is set to go some way to alleviating the difficulties.
Praise indeed, however would the self-loading freight enjoy a quick bout of DAC?
CC (yes, I know, need to concentrate on work and not read the Soldier Magazine!).

Kitbag
14th Mar 2006, 14:13
Why should they want some Dangerous Air Cargo? :O

4Foxtrot
14th Mar 2006, 14:23
Well if you can fit Sidewinder to Nimrods...

maxburner
14th Mar 2006, 16:50
Wonder if they need any (ex) QWIs to teach Hi Yo-Yos on the Tristar OCU?

Ewan Whosearmy
14th Mar 2006, 16:58
I heard they were looking for someone to teach them all sorts of Yo-Yo tricks, Max. Can you do 'the cradle'?

The Helpful Stacker
14th Mar 2006, 17:06
I heard they were looking for someone to teach them all sorts of Yo-Yo tricks, Max. Can you do 'the cradle'?

'Walking the dog' is my favorite. Do you think they'll teach that to A400M crews?

Soiled Glove
14th Mar 2006, 17:21
Given the Tri* has got a better turning circle than a war-fit F3 at 30000ft, can stay on CAP longer, has better comms and you can drink tea/coffee while waiting for the bad guys to come over the horizon - it gets my vote!!

SG

The Helpful Stacker
14th Mar 2006, 17:27
Given the Tri* has got a better turning circle than a war-fit F3 at 30000ft, can stay on CAP longer, has better comms and you can drink tea/coffee while waiting for the bad guys to come over the horizon - it gets my vote!!
SG

I reckon the pax might get a little upset if the crew start pulling Immelman turns though.

"Hello this is your Captain speaking, I'll hit the brakes and he'll fly right by."

Impiger
14th Mar 2006, 18:13
Soiled Glove you know nothing ....

A war fit F3 couldn't even get to Angels 30.

Rapscallion
14th Mar 2006, 18:29
Soiled Glove you know nothing ....

I reckon soiled glove isn't the only one...

PS 4F - Sidewinders are sooolast century;)

maxburner
14th Mar 2006, 19:32
PS 4F - Sidewinders are sooolast century

including the AIM 9X !

Rapscallion
14th Mar 2006, 20:45
ok, I s'pose that one's alright Max! Ours toy is better though, if only we had it on all the pointy fleets, and were able to expoit it properly...

You care less about turn circles when looking through a HMS. :( (Not the boat kind!)

L J R
14th Mar 2006, 21:08
Will a Q jet launch be done in less than 2 hours, or will the movers still get all that time to get those pax thru the terminal.

Navaleye
15th Mar 2006, 07:15

That's unfair and untrue. I watched an F3 make a low pass of the runway at Duxford and the commentator then announed it was going make a "rocket climb" to 27k ft. It did, unfortunately my coffee went cold and I had time to take a leak while it was it.

ORAC
15th Mar 2006, 07:28
Had a Tommy provide a high level subsonic target for an F3 VID sortie when the planned target cancelled. Asked him to come in as high as he could, then had to ask him to descend........ :hmm:

Data-Lynx
15th Mar 2006, 07:34
We are talking about the aircraft that can slow down or descend but not both?

4Foxtrot
15th Mar 2006, 08:50
Sidewinders are sooolast century

including the AIM 9X !

A bit like Meteor then? That which falls to earth in a useless shower of sparks.