PDA

View Full Version : Footballers' cars

G-CPTN
14th Mar 2006, 12:05
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-2084234,00.html
The three most popular cars among top-flight players are all large off-road vehicles that produce more than double the emissions of the average car, according to a survey.
The BMW X5 is driven by 22 players, including Sol Campbell, John Terry and Danny Murphy.
In second place is the Mercedes-Benz M-class, owned by Freddie Ljungberg, Ruud van Nistelrooy and 16 other players. It is slightly cheaper than the BMW X5.
Third on the list is the Range Rover, driven by 16 Premiership players including Jamie Carragher, Michael Owen and Jermain Defoe.

Typical cost is around the 100,000 mark for footballers' TOP cars (Aston Martin for Becks, Ferraris for others). Just a couple of weeks' wages for them.

How many weeks wages did YOUR current vehicle cost? As a pensioner, mine cost 52 weeks (oh yes!).

Lon More
14th Mar 2006, 13:44
large off-road vehicles
maybe if they had a level playing field they wouldn't need them

frostbite
14th Mar 2006, 13:45
Also as a pensioner, mine cost 2.5 weeks wages!

Yes, it's that bad.

Rushton
14th Mar 2006, 13:47
Bought car from daughter, three weeks pay - and my daughter ripped me off as well. And now suspension bu**ered coz of speed humps, so another two weeks pay to fix:{

phoenix son
14th Mar 2006, 14:46
How many weeks wages did YOUR current vehicle cost?

62!!!:{ :{ :{

Send Clowns
14th Mar 2006, 15:25
Not even 1! It is a really cheap car :}

Gingerbread Man
14th Mar 2006, 16:56
That's a pretty disgraceful list, considering where most of them are likely to live, but it doesn't seem fair just to single out footballers. They should make it the law to only offer Land Rover Defenders in the 4x4 market. I'm sure most people who weren't into mountain climbing would soon tire of driving with the window open.

I did love this bit though:

The Government is considering increasing vehicle excise duty from 165 to 200 for cars emitting more than 250g/km.

Oh bravo. I can see a load of footballers wetting themselves at the prospect of paying 35 more every year for their car tax after paying 80k or whatever for the actual vehicle :ugh: .

Ginger :hmm:

Lon More
14th Mar 2006, 17:08
only offer Land Rover Defenders in the 4x4 market.
Then I want mine like this
http://www.lrm.co.uk/archive/military/militarygraphics/Behind03.jpg

Paracab
15th Mar 2006, 20:46
Hmmm, curious. Last time I saw JT he was driving a Bentley GT. His girlfriend had the X5. :}

link4
15th Mar 2006, 22:58
I happen to live next to a footballer who's my age (in his teens) and owns his own place with a Merc C class sport and a private number plate! :cool: