PDA

View Full Version : XXXX offer..... how does it sound?

fhchiang
14th Mar 2006, 08:42
Dear My Name,
Hi, I’m XXXXXX following up on recruitment matters. Thank you for your interest in XXXXXX.
For your information, at the moment we do consider hiring pilots with 200 total hours and just graduated from flying school. Shortlisted pilots will undergo our Cadet Pilot Program whereby they will have Jet Transition Training for 1 and a half to 2 months. During this period the pilots are consider as Trainees only with no employer-employee relationship. At the end of the course they will be tested on their coordination in simulator. If the management found out their performance is satisfactory, the Pilots will be offered positions as Second Officer in our Company. Then they will undergo Ground School training on predetermined air craft until they pass their line check.
Since you would only graduate from your school next year, you can send in your application together with a copy of your CPL license, ATPL certificates and 5 last pages of your log book once you have it. You probably need to check with us before you submit your application to make sure there are vacancies during that time.
Until that time good luck with your studies.
Regards,
XXXXX
____________________________________________________________ _____

Ok.. got another reply.. training is Covered by that outfit.....

sounds good?

Thermal Image
14th Mar 2006, 09:11

Yes that is exactly what the letter sounds like.

But really, what else can you ask for, given that you don't even have all of 200 hours?

Are you seriously suggesting that IF you fail the "coordination check", that you are still going to insist on them hiring you?

You either build time the long way by going the GA route, or take your chances and pay for jet training etc. Of course buying jet time will make you hated by the guys who went the hard way and never paid a cent for their type rating, but it's your life and you make your own judgment calls.

Latif-Returns
14th Mar 2006, 09:51
That's transmile in a nutshell!

I can smell the stench from here...:yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

jetrat
16th Mar 2006, 15:40
dear fhchiang,

" Jet Transition Training for 1 and a half to 2 months."

if i am not mistaken, this part of the training involves mainly in house class room work, with emphasis on the characteristics of large jet types. i do not believe they would require you to pay for it. at the same time they would probably slot in some BASIC handling sessions in the simulator, just to let you have a feel and to evaluate your handling skills.......before deciding acceptance.

personally, if you are a fresh out of flying school guy, i don't think you have to worry too much about the three outfits in malaysia. landing a job with the three for someone with your level of experience will definitely be a goldmine.
i suggest you not worry too much about the nitty gritty at this stage. you should be enjoying yourself flying until you have to do it as a job.

remember, it's supposed to be FUN