PDA

View Full Version : Oshkosh Airventure tours (not an add)

Ultralights
14th Mar 2006, 08:15
This July i am planning a shopping trip to Oshkosh, with the view to importing, anyway, my question is, is there any reputably companies out there that do tours Ex Syd to Oshkosh, all inclusive, accom etc, other than Avtours? ( i have no prior experience with this company)
I suppose my second Question is, Does East west Loco still browse these forums? and did/does he orgnise such holidays/tours.. and if so, how can i contact him..

Thank you in advance..

Ultra.

Pretzal
14th Mar 2006, 10:49
I know Tori Tours also do one....I was lucky enough to win a free one a few years ago :ok:

cogwheel
14th Mar 2006, 13:49
I think it was Avtours that ran a few Oshkosh Express trips and from all reports they were very good... did two myself in the early 90's. I believe they still go every year and take small groups etc. Having been 8 or 9 times, I would suggest for your first trip you go with someone who has been before if not on a tour. You need to go once just to work out what to do the next time you go!! What ever you do, plan to stay the whole week, even get there a day early. You will still not see it all. Good luck and have fun (which I am sure you will).
:) :) :ok: :ok:

QNH1013.2
15th Mar 2006, 00:03
There's a few mobs around that are still doing it.

I don't beleive they have run the Qantas 747 charter direct there for quite a few years. I recall that there was stories that came to light after some of those trips where people supposedly woke during the night in the middle of an alleged barrell roll, but that's merely speculation :ooh: It was good though and EVERYONE got to visit the cockpit as it was a private flight!

A friend did an organised trip where the organiser upon their arrival went to the local camping store and purchased tents and mats then assembled the tents in the camping area and proceeded to cook for them. He said it was quite comfortable.

It really depends on what type of accommodation you're after.

If you plan it yourself well in advance, you should be fine and very comfortable. If you're leaving it to the last minute, get someone else to do it as they may have reservations for accommodation.

www.bestflights.com.au (http://www.bestflights.com.au) have good flight prices to give you an idea.