PDA

View Full Version : Closure of Lagos runway 18l/36r

jirginsama
14th Mar 2006, 07:53
FAAN is once again closing another runway at lagos airport-18l/36r for a period of two weeks, but i m sure only God knows for how long.The closure of the local runway will definitely be a serious inconvienience for all especially since on one runway 18r/36l will be in use.
We are once again at the mercy of Nigerian Aviation problem!

Revnetwork
14th Mar 2006, 11:47
So do you suggest they don't close the runway and allow it to deteroriate further?

surely not
14th Mar 2006, 15:04
I reckon what would really solve Jirgins problem is for all the Domestic carriers to invest in large helicopters that wouldn't need the runway. This will negate the need for any closures owing to much needed repairs:} :}

Sorry Jirgins, I am having one of those days:ouch:

RevNetwork is right when he states that it is being closed for repair. The repairs carried out late last year were only a stop gap until long lasting repairs could be carried out.

I think a good few people probably wonder, like you, whether the 2 weeks timescale will be met, but at least there is an option now which there wasn't when it started falling apart last year.

jirginsama
14th Mar 2006, 18:39
of course i know the runway is to be closed for repair and want it repaired. my fear is that in the next two weeks, instead of having the runway opened, you will start hearing that the contractor has abandoned the job because he has not been paid while the minister of aviation will start making the usual noise threatening to sack the contractor and when a near mishap happens, pilots will be accused of not obeying atc instructions.Cant u guys remember what we went thru recently when the other runway was not in use?