PDA

View Full Version : Who is your favourite Ppruner?

Kittycat
13th Mar 2006, 20:09
havent been on here for very long, but was wondering who is the
fav's? Some really intersting characters on here!
For me: TnT :p and Derm ..... he is very discriptive with his whole "bank-trouble" ---see previous thread...---:)

timmcat
13th Mar 2006, 20:11
Anthony Carn - however he doesn't come here any more (well, not in that persona anyway).

Little Blue
13th Mar 2006, 20:24
ACBUS1.....nah only joking.....
and as for Anthony Carn...well, what can I say?
He does come on here. Can you see the connection?
TnT does seem to be a very switched on lady, and always speaks sense, unlike me who spouts any old cack.:)

tilewood
13th Mar 2006, 20:39
Drapes.. Great comments on all kinds of subject. Spelling and grammar
can be a problem, but then he is a Geordie!!

Whirls.. Very understanding and warm. Gives me back faith in humanity!

corky83
13th Mar 2006, 20:46
May be nice to compare to last time...

Favourite PPRuNer (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=157139&highlight=favourite+pprune)

colmac747
13th Mar 2006, 20:48
Drapes
Jerricho
Onan
acbus 1
Ozzy :E
Airship
G-CPTN

and many more

* list to be added to :ok:

bigfatsweatysock
13th Mar 2006, 20:57
Send Clowns - it is always nice to know there is someone less fortunate and more worthy of scorn than I.

yggorf
13th Mar 2006, 21:09
Onan is the funniest.
Drapes is also the funniest, but for different reasons.
And he will hate being liked by a Frenchman.:}
Tnt is the funniest. And the charmingest.:O
The Dubbya fans on hamsterwheel are not funny. But they are very amusing. They really seem to believe what they say.:p
I admire Grandpa who is never afraid to fight with the neo-cons. But I'm a bit uneasy since somebody suspected him of being a Brit in disguise and he did not react.
All the Irish, Scottish and Welsh pruners who never fail to congratulate the French when they beat the English in rugby.:E
Errr... who almost never fail....
And of course, many others...

slim_slag
13th Mar 2006, 21:16
It ain't going to be a popular choice but it's got to be 411a. If you read what he says he really knows his stuff, and he just pisses so many people off with the way he says it, and I don't even think he's trying.

markflyer6580
13th Mar 2006, 21:33
A320 Rider:} :} :} :} :} :} :} :}

With him around my life doesn't seem that bad after all!

Richard Taylor
13th Mar 2006, 21:58
Congratulations to France on beating England in the rugby :} :E

TnT my vote :O

timmcat
13th Mar 2006, 22:05
Can I have another go? What about Slasher?

(don't often see him around now either, due to personal reasons I understand).

yggorf
13th Mar 2006, 22:18
Richard Taylor is hereby added to my list.:)

1DC
13th Mar 2006, 23:26
I enjoy ppruning and in particular JetBlast, hard to have a favourite cos so many contribute.
I tend to agree with what Bino's writes, don't know if that is good or bad......

SoundBarrier
14th Mar 2006, 01:52
1. Drapes.
2. Me :}
Incidentally, why am I the only person who said me? THE SoundBarrier?:{ :{ :{
Come on, you guys like me right? You do don't you? Yeah look at that smile, look at it, I'm right aren't I? Excellent.
So overall Ratings there is :-
Drapes
TnT
Jerricho
Onan
acbus 1
SoundBarrier <-----THAT'S ME!:}
Ozzy
Airship
G-CPTN
Colmac747

Jerricho
14th Mar 2006, 04:07
Send Clowns - it is always nice to know there is someone less fortunate and more worthy of scorn than I.

Tee hee hee hee

AIRWAY
14th Mar 2006, 07:52
So many.... But the one that stands out for me is Reddo :)

pulse1
14th Mar 2006, 08:13
When I switch on Pprune I quickly scroll through to see if there any interesting headings. Then I look to see if there are any interesting posters who are always worth reading.

Some I find interesting because they have good technical knowledge. These include: John Farley, Beagle, Flying Lawyer, Flying for Fun and many others.

Some who have a gift for writing such common sense on life in general. These include: TnT, Whirly (both of them), Flaps, Davaar, Keef and, again, many others.

Then there are those that make me laugh: Drapes (usually), Jerricho and especially the one who lives in Switzerland and changed his name. I cannot remember either name now as, since he got married, he doesn't post anymore.:{

Of course I would never overlook any post from our glorious leader.

tall and tasty
14th Mar 2006, 11:23
Firstly - I would like to thank you all who put forward my name, I am highly embarressed.

But as for my favourite, that is so difficult. I have friends on here who would be in the top list and they know who they are.

As for other ppruners, there are so many, Mr Drapes with his sound words of wisdom, Jerricho who will make me laugh regardless of the situation, Shortandesparate who is frustrating but I am sure there is a good reason somewhere for his dislike of me. The mods who do such a good fair job, however annoying or what ever it is when things get deleted.

The girls whose prolifict posts, make me realise there are loads of great females out there even if their lives are in termoil with the opposite sex. The guys who the former applies to and maybe as someone suggested we get a separate pprune date site going! ( Danny thats your department).

Ones in other forums who helped me when I joined the roto world for the short time I was there.

The list is endless and the amount I talk the band width will be reduced to nothing!:p

So to everyone who makes me laugh, cry or gives good/bad advice

TnT

nosefirsteverytime
14th Mar 2006, 12:31
In my 4 years of PPRuNing, two stand out as the most recent.

Mr Draper, and Davaar.

There are far,far more than I can mention, and you're all above, but I just can't be bovvered

Alright, I'll just come back as I remember them

off the top of my head, Jerricho, Slasher, techchick, and of course, the lovely TnT. Your previous post is a perfect example of the no-nonsense approach of sense in a much-times nonsensical place.

Edited again to add:

All hail the almighty mods!

And again to add

Ghengis the Engineer (an overwhelming source of knowledge for us junior spannerheads), and John Farley (ditto)

I promise, that's all the editing

Confabulous
14th Mar 2006, 12:31
Jerricho & Onan - joint favourites in my book :}

PS: Slasher is around - he knows all :E :ok:

CargoMatatu
14th Mar 2006, 12:36
1. Me :cool:
2. SixMileHighClub :ok: (have you seen her picture?:} )
3. TnT :O (level-headed and sensible)
4. Drapes :eek: (speaks his mind SOOO eloquently)
5. Everyone :rolleyes:

Ozzy
14th Mar 2006, 14:39
Surprised and honoured I got a mention at all.:\

In no particular order, folks that spring immediatley to mind:
Jerricho
Onan
Drapes
Davaar - when I can figure out what it is he saying

But the list is much longer and my brain is having trouble recollecting the names. So here's to all PPruNe contributors, cheers!:)

Ozzy

PS 'cept GrandPa:E:E

airship
14th Mar 2006, 16:00
My favourite PPRuNer is the one who makes the effort to post a reply to a thread, even if it's not my own...

Current examples:

The Fifty Two Hundred Dollar Toilet thread (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=216372) 20 replies / 398 views

Photos of Everybody (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=189887) 413 replies / 203,471 (?!) views

135 mph on the A1 (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=215838) 119 replies / 4,261 views

Also, I hate it when I see previously prolific posters ambling in now and then for a looksee. And they don't bother to say a quick hello or even reply to a PM. That's why I don't have any more favourites... :* :sad: :(

phnuff
14th Mar 2006, 17:35
To single out individuals is very difficult, so my vote for favorite prooner is every single one of you. Facinating debates and the occasional handbags at 10 paces

Davaar
14th Mar 2006, 21:53
Ozzy. I think he's great (Ozzy, I sent this one in clear. Was it Okay?).

bigfatsweatysock
14th Mar 2006, 22:11
PPRuNe Towers, Flaps, PJDJ777, Snigs, Nearly Man, 10W, Pilot's Pal.

Just some of the top pprune bods I have stumbled across.

Ozzy
14th Mar 2006, 22:40
Davaar I definitely understood that:ok: Merci une milles fois

Ozzy

SoundBarrier
14th Mar 2006, 23:19
And still no mention (bar one) of SoundBarrier???:{

High Wing Drifter
14th Mar 2006, 23:45
Whatever happened to Fishtits?

Edit: Never mind. Just figured out the search function can answer such inane questions.

con-pilot
14th Mar 2006, 23:55
Does anyone remember Nugpot? He carried on a great fight with crowd over at Chemtrails.

Slasher is still around, so be careful, very careful.:E

(Wish you would come back to JB Slash.:ok: )

Oh yes, how about One World 22, sometimes we differ, however he is always a gentleman.

West Coast
15th Mar 2006, 04:32
I agree, Oneworld is among the tops. Even if he is a Democrat.