PDA

View Full Version : Shoreham

kerrinator
13th Mar 2006, 17:01
Hello! I was just wondering, if anyone can recommend a good flight school, for CPL/IR, in Shoreham Airport???
Many thanks

effortless
13th Mar 2006, 17:34
I heard that Sussex Fying Club had come to some arrangement with another organisation. Last time I visited them they had taken over loads more offices for the purpose.

kerrinator
13th Mar 2006, 17:56
Does that mean they will be doing CPL/IR??? I use to be a member ages ago, but they only did the ppl stuff...

Andy_R
13th Mar 2006, 18:06
Try speaking to Martin (CFI) at Sky Leisure 01273 464422

pushapproved
13th Mar 2006, 18:23
I can also recommend Sky Leisure, passed first time in minimum hours etc. Website is www.skyleisureaviation.co.uk

kerrinator
13th Mar 2006, 18:45
The problem I have is that I cant decide, Sky leisure, or stapleford?!?!
I still have until May to decide ( 6 exams left). I know its a silly question but please keep your recomendations coming!

effortless
14th Mar 2006, 07:13
Does that mean they will be doing CPL/IR??? I use to be a member ages ago, but they only did the ppl stuff...

I don't remember the details but I got the impression that that was the plan. Unless I completly got hold of the wrong end of the stick.

scroggs
14th Mar 2006, 07:16
The problem I have is that I cant decide, Sky leisure, or stapleford?!?!
I still have until May to decide ( 6 exams left). I know its a silly question but please keep your recomendations coming!

There is a lot of information on here about Stapleford. Rather than wait for recommendations (which will only come from people who have good things to say - and you have no idea who they are!), actively search for information on the schools; that way, you'll get the good and the bad.

Scroggs

kerrinator
14th Mar 2006, 16:33
I read the Stapleford threads, but can't really find any, on flight schools in Shoreham!
Scroggs, the other thing I was wondering about, is how important is the "brand thing" ?? If you wouldnt mind!

scroggs
14th Mar 2006, 16:39
Despite what some here would have you think (mainly because they either work for, or have paid a lot of money to, the big schools), the school you go to is not important. It is the licence that is important.

That said, there are a few employers who express a preference for graduates of an integrated course. You, obviously, are not looking at this type of course.

Scroggs

effortless
14th Mar 2006, 17:12
I am sure that Sussex is doing or cooperating in CPL training. they are a nice bunch of chaps as I remember. I knew an instructor there who went on to Oxford and he was top notch.

Shoreham is an excellent place to learn from. The ATC is proffessional and helpful. It can be a busy airport and you will get put through your paces. They want your money and are prepared to give value. Give both Sussex and Sky a ring. That will only cost you a few pence. Good investment if you ask me.

High Wing Drifter
14th Mar 2006, 18:43
I read the Stapleford threads, but can't really find any, on flight schools in Shoreham!
You need to use "Advanced Search" and then select "Any Date" otherwise it only looks back a month or so. There are loads of past threads.