PDA

View Full Version : The Consultant (Nigeria)

Capt. Manuvar
13th Mar 2006, 16:11
There was an advert late last week in a Nigerian daily newspaper for Capts, , FOs and other airline staff by a new Nigerian airlne for immediate employment. The advert seems to indicate that they'll be operating B737-200/300s. Anyone got any info? Maybe TranSky???? They've been worig on their AOC for a few months and have aircraft in PHC.

Capt Manuvar

oba_idan_amani
13th Mar 2006, 21:05
I saw the ad as well. Its interesting, as the requirements for F/O is a CPL. I will be applying, and hopefully will get that important jet time under the belt. I think they will be flying the B732, I saw the aircraft in port harcourt the other day. Another new airline is also coming up, they will be based in Kano or Kaduna, they also have a B732 ready to go.

Oba Idan Amani

surely not
13th Mar 2006, 21:43
I thought that the NCAA was stopping one plane companies from starting up??
Good to see the old, noisy, gas guzzling, 737-200 still a firm favourite with the Nigerian start ups :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ChiefT
14th Mar 2006, 07:10
I heard from a new outfit calles NAZIA AIR which intends to start with 737

european champion
14th Mar 2006, 12:55
I have not seen the add as i am not in Nigeria.Can someone share that information?(name of company,contact address,person to address the application...)
Thanks.

ZAZOO
16th Mar 2006, 13:57
Good ol SN :cool: :cool:

If only the local operators could have the cosy chummy chummy arrangement
Virgin Nigeria arranged in our beloved country :) :) maybe we would not be flying old, noisy, gas guzzling, 737-200 flying :{ :{

I fly the old noisy, gas guzzling, 737-200 that kept this country flying and its economy on the move for years and me sure damn proud of that!

See ya;
By the way if ur up for sim at Sabena it sure is cold out here :ok:

surely not
16th Mar 2006, 15:50
hey Zazoo........... you were flying knackered old a/c long before VK came into existence so it isn't their fault matey.

As for cosy relationship VK enjoys............. I don't think soooooooooooo, and if you are honest you know it isn't so.

When you back for that beer in Kano?

NIJASEA
28th Mar 2006, 09:22
Its nice to hear of companies in nigeria looking for crew to fly jets with the normal requirements of CPL for F/O and not atpl. There seem to be quite a few airlines looking for crew not just on jets but on turbo-props like the EMB-120, B1900, you have to be in nigeria to get the jobs coz you cant apply and hope for the best.

B Sousa
28th Mar 2006, 12:55
" normal requirements of CPL for F/O and not atpl."
Curiously I find in many parts of the world you cant even sit in the seat without an ATP. Could it be they cannot find qualified ATP's for the pay offered??

chuks
29th Mar 2006, 14:53
The latest Flight International has an advert from Bellview looking for crew.