PDA

View Full Version : Ag Flying in NZ

Linton Chilcott
13th Mar 2006, 16:00
Can anyone supply any references / info on ag flying jobs in NZ, please?

Websites, books, forums (or "fora"?).

Pay, lifestyle, job security, etc.

Thanks

currawong
13th Mar 2006, 20:57
Linton,

I think you might mean "AAAA", or 4 A's. Which is the Aerial Ag Association of Australia.

There is an Ag forum here on Pprune, shared with Biz jets and GA.

Have a look at www.fieldair.com.au

There are links there to stuff you might find useful.

In a nutshell, the NZ market is pretty tough to break into, even for locals, with many aspiring pilots from NZ getting their break in Australia. Some even live in NZ and work seasons here.

The equipment can be a little different too, NZ predominantly spreading, Australia predominantly spraying.

Good luck.

SkyChauffeur
16th Mar 2006, 10:53
Linton,

Africa is full of ag flying...pay is great and always 'in season' somewhere on the continent.

Its the easiest way to break in to a tough market.

Know many people from RedOrsman if you need a contact.

SC

Linton Chilcott
16th Mar 2006, 19:14
Thanks Gents

This is just a general information type query. I visit my family back in godzone occasionally, and whenever I see a 'duster fly over I am a little envious, but also surprised to see it, because this type of flying has pretty well expired completely back in the UK.

Not really a family man's job I'm sure...

tinpis
16th Mar 2006, 22:30
A magnificent industry in kiwi in the 50s and 60s Linton .
Full of all kinds of madmen.
Sadly pretty well dried up when the super rebate was gonged
I feel lucky to have been a small part of it.

(BTW that bugger that borrowed my "Topdressers" book 20 years ago how about giving it back?)

Cloud Cutter
16th Mar 2006, 23:22
I think you might mean "AAAA", or 4 A's
I think he means what he said, (fora being the Latin plural of forum). It is convention however, to apply the grammatical syntax of English to such 'borrowed' words, so the correct term in this context is 'forums' (just as memorandums replaces memoranda).
Back to the topic, Super Air (http://www.superair.co.nz) is one of the bigger outfits. Main base is Hamilton, with several satellite bases throughout the North Island.

deadhead
17th Mar 2006, 11:54
Thank you CC, for helping to shine a light on what is oft otherwise a bastardisation of the wonderful English language in these forums. For you are absolutely correct, and I couldn't have said it better, myself. One in the eye for those over-precise, middle-class, Latin knob-ends. OK, so I'm an over-precise, middle-class English knob-end. Ah, la lingua pura! (I wish)

Linton Chilcott
17th Mar 2006, 14:42
Ah, now I see what he meant by the "AAAA" bit. Had me wondering...

Linton Chilcott
17th Mar 2006, 14:47
And I'm not even going to bother responding to being called a knob-end.

flaming_moe
17th Mar 2006, 22:05
Linton,
I heard Superair are currently looking for a FT loader/ driver. Check out www.superair.co.nz. Always a good start...
MOE :ok:

Groundsman Willy
19th Mar 2006, 04:50
Hey Linton

Check your PM's