PDA

View Full Version : TIA Barbados

cavortingcheetah
13th Mar 2006, 15:59
:hmm:

Just wondered, in the idlest sort of way, if anyone has any up to date information on TIA, Barbados?
Internet leads one into rather a dim void and wondered how BK was these days, if at all, as it were?
The enquiry is innocent and well meant.:D

cochise
14th Mar 2006, 14:25
Last I heard they shutdown. Had all the pilots fly the aircraft to different locations and then closed. The ex Chief Pilot is a Capt with the airline I'm working with at the moment. From what I understand there was a merge or a buy out of some sort. I'll ask for the details next time I see him...

cavortingcheetah
14th Mar 2006, 16:04
:) Thanks for that information cochise. I have taken the liberty of sending you a pm.
cc.:D

Carrier
29th Jun 2006, 13:15
Does anyone have any definite information on the status of TIA2000? Has it completely closed, has it been taken over and still operates under its own name, or has it been taken over and merged into another operator? I did try contacting the company just before this thread started but have not received a response. Also their website seems to be out of action. Thanks for any info.

cavortingcheetah
1st Jul 2006, 07:04
:hmm:

I have heard nothing more on this matter since my previous post.
I was out ther in November last year and failed to see any TIA aeroplanes buzzing around the taxiways. Usually their presence is much in evidence.
I rather suspect that Kaufmann may have thrown the towel in or had it wrung for him.
I will be out there again this November and will endeavour to determine what cooked with the company. I know that there were serious problems in their operations department.
:sad:

WangFunk
2nd Jul 2006, 02:23
TIA closed down and stoped operating for over year now. Mustique Airways and SVG Air now operate the Twin Otter operation, Grenadine Airways, out of St Vincent Mon.

Cheers.