View Full Version : CPL to ATP

Aslak
13th Mar 2006, 14:23
Hi!

I am a European pilot working and living in Europe.

I did all of my basic flight training in the States and ended up with FAA CPL/ME/IR with CFI/CFII, the normal story. ´

I do have a JAA ATPL with active CL604 and Falcon 20 command type ratings.

I have been planning to upgrade my FAA lisence to ATP for a some time now, just for fun and with "you never know what will happen one of these days" attitude...

I hold type ratings for Falcon 10, Falcon 20, Challenger 600/601 and 604 on my FAA CPL. I know, not much of a use...:rolleyes:

Now, here is the question. What is now-a-days the easiest way for me to get the FAA ATP?

Can I do the required checkride in combination with a recurrent check while in simulator in U.S.A. or Canada?

Or has it all become very very difficult with new rules for foreign pilots?

Thanks in advance!:ok:

flyboyike
13th Mar 2006, 23:04
Now, here is the question. What is now-a-days the easiest way for me to get the FAA ATP?

Can I do the required checkride in combination with a recurrent check while in simulator in U.S.A. or Canada?

You can certainly do it in the US. Since you hold a US CPL, you're not really a "foreign" pilot from the licensing standpoint, so there should be no trouble. You will also have to take a US ATPL written, of course.