PDA

View Full Version : Whats the best way to make 300hrs ME time ?

dxbpilot
13th Mar 2006, 05:33
PPruners ,
I have a good chance of obtaining a job flying cargo in the gulf, but I need 300hrs ME time. I meet the total time requirements but not the Multi time. Whats the best way to go about this as a newby ? or do i just have to find a multi engine job in AUS in a few years time ?:mad:

ThoughtCrime
13th Mar 2006, 07:33
Get yourself in line for a multi job like everyone else....

or you could of course offer to pay for it like one particular individual by the name of 'John' did! :hmm:

...TC

Chimbu chuckles
13th Mar 2006, 07:36
Sounds more like you have no chance of getting a cargo job in the gulf.

Honestly if you have to come on here and ask such a silly question I really wonder about you....do you really think someone will come on Pprune and tell you about a job which will give you 300 multi in such a short time frame that this 'job' will still be available?

dxbpilot
13th Mar 2006, 07:50
Thanks for the advice you guys,

I thought Aus may be similar to other parts of the world and that some places would offer a block of hours with the initial training. I may have to look at the overseas option.

cheers

barney01
13th Mar 2006, 08:24
Couple of suggestions

A. Have really rich parents who will pay for those hours.

B. Be really rich all by your self (which means you do stuff other than fly), then you can pay for 300 hrs multi yourself.

C. Speak to some operators like Sharp Aviation or King Island airlines who have been known to do ICUS deals (still going to cost you!). Listen to what these types say, learn how to operate these aircraft really well. Then do what it takes to build experience. Then in a few years you will have more than 300hrs Multi and you will know how to fly, be employable and live happily ever after.

A and B are much easier.

dxbpilot
13th Mar 2006, 09:54
Thanks barney01,

I found the sharp aviation website and thats just what I was looking for ! I am just studying in Aus and would like to get back to the UAE to hang with the fam/friends.

cheers !