PDA

View Full Version : Which Databank???

zaf
13th Mar 2006, 04:06
Hey guys this might came up before but everybody saying that aviationexam databank is better than bristol's one. Anyone used aviationexam databank for exams. Comments pls. Thnx...

paco
13th Mar 2006, 14:04
Don't think it matters. I'm currently framing the new questions for the UAE exams, and in checking the databases and feedback out I've found they are all much the same for the purpose of getting to grips with exam technique (the American spelling in many is a dead giveaway as to their original source! ;)).

Phil

Bluebat_CZ
13th Mar 2006, 22:40
I think not all the question banks available online are the same... Of course lot of the questions that go around is common to all of the banks, but the rest of the data is what makes the difference. Some online sites do not have any updates in long, long time, while some sites are constantly trying to get the latest JAA questions into their databank. I'm involved in one of these projects (I'm not going to name which one to be flamed for advertising) and we were able to get the complete copy of the JAA CQB as of November 2005 along with the relevant picture supplements. I do not know of any other bank that has almost a complete HELICOPTER JAA question database (for the transitional period exams)... so anyway - in my opinion it does matter which databank you select.

zaf
13th Mar 2006, 22:56
Bluebat_CZ,

the bank that you have now is it only for (H)?

BestAviation
14th Mar 2006, 05:16
Hey guys this might came up before but everybody saying that aviationexam databank is better than bristol's one. Anyone used aviationexam databank for exams. Comments pls. Thnx...

PM me and I'll send you the whole feedback as an excel spread sheet (14 exams). That way you can print it out and read it without having to stare at a computer screen. Also it's alot easier making notes on the side if you have them on paper...pen marks on the screen is never any good =)

BestAviation
14th Mar 2006, 23:34
BestAviation,
Check ur pm pls...

OK OK OK - give me a chance....half the aviation training industry is in my PM mailbox right now asking for me to send it :(

As much as I'd love to help everybody out I just don't have time to e-mail everybody. The spread sheet is almost 4MB....

That said - now go bug ZAF - he has it too!!! =P
just kidding.

zaf
15th Mar 2006, 02:48
BestAviation,

Thnx alot for the feedback. I got it. I owe u one:ok: . anyone wish to have it, Iwill send it. Thanks to BestAviation....

zaf
16th Mar 2006, 21:34
Guys,

Everyone who send me e-mail, I am out of town as soon as I come back will start sending. Sorry for the delay...

itsbrokenagain
16th Mar 2006, 22:05
You can email it to me and I will post it on a server for all to have, plus I have some other files people may want.

I will post link here if/when you send me the file

|Ken|
17th Mar 2006, 02:22
Whats Databank :confused:

Superpilot
17th Mar 2006, 08:04
I'd be ok to mirror a copy too. Just PM me your email address. I'll send you a blank email and you reply to that with the spreadsheet.

zaf
24th Mar 2006, 10:11
Guys I sent the databank for those who requested. I hope it will help. Sorry for the delay...