PDA

View Full Version : good and bad topics ?

enginefailure
15th Jun 2001, 11:07
Dear pprune staff!

I wonder why a harmless topic was closed
and moved to nowhere.
(topic: The end of an era)

Ok, it was nothing important - but that applies to many other topics, too !

Before wasting my time with writing further posts which are removed soon i want to learn a little bit more about the policy.

What was wrong with that topic ?
If it didn't fit into R&N, where did you put it ? I didn't find it anywhere else.

Thanks for enlightenment .....
no offence intended

Avman
15th Jun 2001, 13:41
Yeah, I wondered where that got to. Couldn't find it anywhere else either. Probabbly an administrative error or finger trouble. The PPRuNe crew usually comment as to why/where they move a post.

twistedenginestarter
15th Jun 2001, 17:29
engine

Sometimes on this carrier, you get bumped. Just part of life's rich tapestry.

Don't fret about it. Just do a few grass skirts

;)
;)
;) ;) ;)

Norfolk and airspeed
15th Jun 2001, 21:47
Do you mean End of an Era - BWIA to withdraw L1011s in October (Page 1)
http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/Forum1/HTML/014086.html :rolleyes:

Capt PPRuNe
16th Jun 2001, 04:40
It's called editorial control!

As pointed out above, it has not gone anywhere but just moved down the topic list. Try using the 'Show Topics from...' drop down menu. If you're not sure about how to use that then please read the FAQ's.

If it isn't too difficult to comprehend, I try to keep this forum for Rumours & News. Occasionally if I think a topic doesn't quite fit that category I may still leave it to see how it develops. If it ends up just being a petty and immature slagging match then I will either close it or move it.

Topics such as this one are obviously not Rumour or News so I will close it. Hopefully your question has been answered. if it hasn't then please use the email link at the bottom of every forum page to email me with your views, complaints, pledges of huge sums of money or whatever. Just stop using this forum for these non-R & N questions, please!

------------------
Capt PPRuNe
aka Danny Fyne
The Professional Pilots RUmour NEtwork