View Full Version : Tresco Heliport

QDMQDMQDM
12th Mar 2006, 19:24
Does anyone have any knowledge of this heliport? I am hoping to go with the Super Cub (poor man's helicopter) to the Scillies in the Spring and will visit Tresco. I have seen a reference to it having a 362m grass runway for the S61. Is this so? This is 80m longer than my grass strip at home. Somehow, the world being what it is, I bet they won't let me fly in direct in the Cub, but before I contact them does anyone have any advice or names? Feel free to PM me if you don't want to post it here.

Thanks.

QDM

ukhelipilot22
12th Mar 2006, 20:06
Hi QDM

I have flown into the Scillies (St Marys) on a couple of occasions fixed wing, and they are very helpfull.

I think that Tresco will let you land at their heliport but the last I heard is that the landing fee was in the region of £50 unless you were staying on the island overnight, in which case the fee was waived. I am not sure how accurate and up to date this info is but you can contact them direct and get the latest. (Tresco Heliport 01720 422970)

There is a very simple transit corridor between Lands End and the Scillies which extends vertically to 4000' or you can choose to fly higher, either way they are usually very accomodating.

Hope this helps. Enjoy your trip.

UKHP22:)

headsethair
12th Mar 2006, 21:10
Have used Tresco - but they won't let fixed wing land there. The main reason is probably because the grass is used on Sundays in the summer for the inter-island cricket competition. So - they won't want any furrows up the pitch.
You will have to land at St Mary's and take the boat. Or get the S61 direct.

QDMQDMQDM
12th Mar 2006, 21:20
Thanks, chaps. I'll give them a ring anyway.

QDM

Oogle
13th Mar 2006, 13:59
The UK CAA AIP CD has a good reference to this heliport.