PDA

View Full Version : Bahrain GP

Belle of the Boeing
12th Mar 2006, 17:30
Anyone down at the Grand Prix today? What a lovely sight the flyby was! Almost made me proud to work for the company then reality struck again and I remembered how bad it is for us British cabin crew!!!!

Anyway hope everyone enjoyed themselves. Been a nice atmosphere for the last week or so with the build up and all.

DPWN
12th Mar 2006, 20:59
Yeah, had a great time in the stand opposite turn 1. It was a good day and against my better judgement decided to get my anorak out and take a picture :}
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c119/Jaffair1/Hathemmarch72006017.jpg

ironbutt57
13th Mar 2006, 03:24
Nice picture, was sleeping off an early a.m. report time, so clue me in, why would a particular nationality of cabin crew have it worse than others..:confused:

jackbauer
13th Mar 2006, 04:04
Yeah I was thinking the same. Why?

Togalk
13th Mar 2006, 07:32
I was there the first year, and on the first fly by, they were BEHIND the grandstands. It was pretty funny. I would have liked to have been there again this year. It was allot of fun.

Little M
13th Mar 2006, 08:50
I would guess that Belle of the Boeing isn't referring to the actual working conditions but maybe the salary. And before you all jump down my throat I know the salary is the same for everyone but in terms of cost of living the the exchange rate against the pound the salary isn't very good. Its not easy to save any money and still have a life outside of work. Its fine if you want to take as much food off the aircraft as you can and not leave your hotel room when you are down route but that's not for everyone.

This would also apply to people from places like Australia where they are used to a good way of living.

Could be wrong but think this is along the lines of Belle of the Boeings problem.

ironbutt57
13th Mar 2006, 09:28
Yeah, I suppose the BD/USD situation doesnt suit us at this time....:{

Little M
13th Mar 2006, 12:23
I suppose the problem is that the money just isn't what it used to be for any of us.

sirwa69
14th Mar 2006, 10:01
Just got over the hangover :yuk:

What a weekend, Saturday in the Paddock Club for qualy and Sunday in the Uni grandstand. Well I say in the grandstand but I only watched the start and first 5 laps and then made my way to the Gulf Air area to watch the rest on the big screen in the company of a reasonable red :\

Great new qualifying system :ok:

On On