PDA

View Full Version : Cr@p movie, great flying scenes

brickhistory
12th Mar 2006, 09:24
While traveling and checking in late the other night, I came in about 1/2 hour into an Italian filmed dubbed into English.

Story essentially revolved about the Italian aerial demo team trying to beat their arch-rivals, the Red Arrows for possession of a Flying Cup.

Said Italians racked their brains trying to think up a maneuver that would out-do *gasp* the line-abreast in-place roll that the Red Arrows performed. Of course, the French at these competitions were just there.....

During their off-time, our fun loving Italian jet pilots cavorted with really lovely, albeit incredibly dim, lovelies and drove fast in wonderful sport cars.

Finally, after getting the idea from a roll in the hay, our (of course!) good looking junior wingman convinces the crusty squadron leader that a (OMG!) wingover is just the thing to beat the RAF and restore Italia's honor.

But the scenes of G-91s, Magisters, and Gnats were great to watch. Guessing a late 1960s-early 1970s time frame?

Anyone able to place the movie title? Google didn't find it using any search criteria I came up with and no, I didn't think to check the TV listings.

Bo Nalls
12th Mar 2006, 10:07
Could be Forza G (http://www.musicfromthemovies.com/review.asp?ID=1674) :ok:

brickhistory
12th Mar 2006, 10:14
That's it!

Grazie

BOAC
12th Mar 2006, 11:34
They were not known as the 'Tricci Freccolori' for nothing you know:rolleyes:

"Finally, after getting the idea from a roll in the hay, our (of course!) good looking junior wingman convinces the crusty squadron leader that a (OMG!) wingover is just the thing"........................aah! If only Ray had listened:)

What sort of roll was it? 'Li-on-a-breast' sounds like a starter - yes, I know.