PDA

View Full Version : Geelong Airport Sale

engine out
12th Mar 2006, 05:29
A short while ago tenders went out for the sale of this airfield. Anybody heard of what is happening with it? How long before it too becomes houses? Where are Geelong Flight training moving too if forced out? So many questions, but does anybody have any answers?

Tarboy
13th Mar 2006, 12:35
The council aren't planning rezoning for around 10 years so I'd say things won't change for quite a while yet. More chance of Torqair disappearing. The business has been advertised for sale and the land owner has been in talks with a local developer in connection with a possible rezoning in less than 5 years.
Recent earthworks there by the developers team suggest things may already be underway.
Tarboy

QNIM
14th Mar 2006, 00:13
Gday
I’ve noticed what looks like some road construction at the southern side of Torqair so there must be some deal done with the developers.
I believe that ex chief pilot has left under duress, and it has been said that there has been a little bit of name calling. Maybe xxxx leaving the sinking ship.
The aircraft have been constantly advertised for sale, what other conclusion can one come to.
Anyone contemplating buying a gift voucher should reflect what happened to the ticket holders when Ansett closed its doors.
Cheers Q ;)