PDA

View Full Version : Aussie Air, Deland

EIDW RJ85
11th Mar 2006, 12:13
Im heading here at the end of the month to do some hour building and was just wondering has anyone any experiance of this school?? Its at deyland airport, close to Daytona beach, Florida.

Any Tips, what to look out for?? Area etc??

Much Appreciated :ok: :ok:

geordiejet
11th Mar 2006, 20:02
Hey,

Deland airport is just outside the class B (i think ?!?!) airspace from daytona. It's about a fiveteen minute flight. SO if you fly anywhere except to the West you need to stay below it until you clear the airspace.

As for what to look out for; don't be surprised when you are on the downwind to see a huge skydive plane flying towards you at 500ft! And generally, look out for the skydivers!

One of my ex flying intructors, Steve, went there from my school in Ormond Beach, and from what I could here, it sounded like a good set up.

Its a busy airport with lots going on; you got the skydive, numerous schools and private charters.

I would recommend you go to Meritt Island (amazing approach!) and Melbourne. Not sure what your flying, but if you have the range, visit Fernandina Beach in the North, and off to the West you have Ocala, and John Travoltas house, so give him a buzz ant 500agl :-)

Hope you have a good time :-)
Alex

EIDW RJ85
28th Apr 2006, 11:35
Well i thought i would follow up on this so other hour builders can see my experiance. Just back from Florida now a couple of days and i can honestly say that the School Was superb. They operate a very laid back atmosphere and are not constantly money grabbing (Like other schools i have experianced). There was 2 of us doing shared time in the 172R and we basicly had the plane to ourselves for the whole month. Only 2 occasions did we have a slight tech problem, and then the owner gave us our next day half price for the inconvience??

They Currently have 2 x C152 , 1 x 172P , 1 x 172R , 1 x Symphony. Coming this week i believe is 1 x 172RG , and 1 x Duchess.

Deland is an uncontrolled Field that can get very busy. Skydivers every where. But good Experiance in my Eyes. Only Downfall is that the maintance base for the planes is in Daytona so if there is a problem the plane has to get there?? Can Cause Delays .....

To Sum it up HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!! 1 Happy Hour Builder!!!

potkettleblack
28th Apr 2006, 13:29
EIDW 747 - Any idea what their policy is for renting the Duchess? Also the reimbursement rate for fuel per gallon? Cheers

hughesyd
28th Apr 2006, 15:05
Geordiejet,
Steve is no longer at Aussieair but back at Ormond Beach Aviation.He obviously had his own reasons for leaving!.
P.M if you want further details.

EIDW RJ85
28th Apr 2006, 15:55
No idea mate as the duchess had not arrived when i left?? School was recently taken over by new managment about 8 months ago i think and they are growing the fleet. Last owner left the place in ****e so i can make out?? They were giving me 3.00 Dollars a gallon for fuel!! It changes frequently with the fuel prices as far as i know!!

felixflyer
9th May 2006, 20:47
Hi

I would like to know more about Aussie Air. I have been to the website but it is under construction. I am looking for somewhere to hour build and would like to go to Florida. How exactly does the shared time work?

I tried to send off for some info on hour building from the site but it would not work.

Regards

Felix.

potkettleblack
10th May 2006, 08:27
I think the shared time is really only relevant to FAA pilots who intend to fly N reg as a job. You would need an FAA IR and would take it in turns to fly under the hood with the other pilot acting as safety pilot. Under JAA this is NOT loggable for you whereas under FAA it is.

felixflyer
10th May 2006, 12:25
Oh ok thanks.

I just have a PPL at the moment and am looking to hour build whilst doing my ATPL's so i guess this wouldnt help me. The place sounds good though, i will probably give them a ring and request some details.

Regards

Felix

EIDW RJ85
11th May 2006, 10:54
Site seems ok??

http://www.flyaussieair.com/

@ FelixFlyer
PM SENT MATE!!

stogiec
4th Aug 2006, 04:46
...They Currently have 2 x C152 , 1 x 172P , 1 x 172R , 1 x Symphony. Coming this week i believe is 1 x 172RG , and 1 x Duchess.

Are the 152s IFR certified?

november.sierra
27th Aug 2006, 00:32
Can anyone that's been there give me some advice on contacting them to arrange some hour building? So far I've sent 3 e-mails, none of which were answered, and it is stuff that I really would like to have in writing rather than ringing them.

If anyone does have any bright ideas, please let me know, it would be much appreciated.

Dct_Bombi
27th Aug 2006, 16:58
Is Aussie Air the school which was formely trading as CAE Aviation, It must be if it was Steve who was instructing there. I had him a few times also, I remember Ellie was operating the place, His he still involved I am guessing yes as he is an Aussie hence Aussie Air. Just curious as its been some years since I was there.

EIDW RJ85
28th Aug 2006, 22:51
Not sure mate but its run by a spanish lad now who just kept the name. No aussies working there irionicly!!!

They were always prompt with the email replies to me. Maybe give them a call. Everything said on the phone is confirmed by email anyway.

I have now also found out that the school has now moved to KDAB. Not sure why as KDED was a great airport to fly out of!!

escobar
12th Aug 2007, 18:22
If anybody wants the truth about this organisation then please PM me, and I shall supply the details. If anybody from this organisation wants to PM me and ask what I thought was so bad about this organisation then feel free

rej1977
30th Oct 2009, 08:32
Never go to Aussie Air, this company is a scam, they steal your money and you don't fly!!! :ugh:
They don't have C172 with G1000
Read these pages:
AUSSIE AIR INC | Pilot Advice (http://pilotadvice.com/flight-schools/aussie-air-inc)
Jet University Sucks | Aussie Air | Flight Schools Information | Florida - AUSSIE-AIR INC STUDENTS (http://www.jetuniversitysucks.com/aussieairincstudents.htm)
beware!!!!