PDA

View Full Version : What can I do??

smokin_rivet
11th Mar 2006, 00:08
I am considering a teaching job at Pan Am outside of Beijng. Will end up with close to 3000TT and 300 total multi, a little of which will be glass cockpit. As a Canadian ATPL/citizenship holder, what if any possibilities will there be for me with an Asian carrier?

Thanks in advance for you help

Mink
11th Mar 2006, 04:10
I'm no expert since I've only just started surfing PPrune, but there seems to be plenty of opportunity at CX for Canadains (or is it Canadiens?) if you believe what you read here...:hmm:

Mink

smokin_rivet
11th Mar 2006, 14:57
I think ill be a little shy on experiance for CX. I would love to get to fly anything with turbines..heck even something with a couple of pistons would make my day right now.

Im not looking for a major airline jet job just yet. I want to work and learn all I can first. I think ive beaten the teaching thing to death.
How does Canadian citizenship look when applying in Asia? Id love to know how all you Canadian expats have made the transition.

thanks

bigbeerbelly
11th Mar 2006, 16:17
Im not looking for a major airline jet job just yet. I want to work and learn all I can first.

This puzzles me. No disrespect intended.

BBB

smokin_rivet
11th Mar 2006, 17:17
I just think that I can gain alot of really neat experiances and learn alot about various techniques and styles. I sure would not turn down an Boeing or Airbus if one was offered but i'm not chasing it ...i've never been in a rush to get on one.
Lifes a journey.

ltjng
13th Mar 2006, 05:55
Smokin_rivet,

PM me for more details, I think I may able to help or simply provide some information.

DutyFree
15th Mar 2006, 04:59
PanAm outside Beijing trains Chinese Airlines cadet pilots, and there are abundance of cadets, SO, and FO in China.
Having said that, there are limited number of expat pilots in China, all are highly experienced.
Unless you have command experience on heavy iron, the chance for you to join a Chinese carrier is slim to none.