PDA

View Full Version : Blogs

Paracab
10th Mar 2006, 23:27
Has anyone else found their time being taken up cripplingly by internet bloggers ? Blogs seem to be the next biggest thing since the net itself came about.

Edit: Not here it isn't. No links to blogs are allowed - thank you. PPP

Paracab
11th Mar 2006, 01:33
Oops, my sincere apologies PPP. No idea how I missed that rule. I don't undertstand why not, but if thats the way it is, fair enough.

G-CPTN
11th Mar 2006, 01:42
So has Joe Bloggs joined Bill Stickers and become a persecuted victim?

Onan the Clumsy
11th Mar 2006, 02:08
I started a blog once - on JetBlast too :E

It didn't last very long and to be honest, even I was bored by it.

Loose rivets
11th Mar 2006, 04:04
Please tell one what a Blog is.:confused:

BlueWolf
11th Mar 2006, 04:54
Abbreviation of "Weblog", which is a discussion board on the Internet. Anyone can create a blog, on any subject at all, and almost everyone has. Except me of course, as I don't have time to waste on frivolities.

Blogs are used for everything from spleen-venting, to direct marketing, to soliciting, to self-agrandisement (sp?) to information sharing, to simple chat, and everything else in between.

I guess they have a value. Never having blogged, I couldn't say for certain.

Evening Star
11th Mar 2006, 08:33
Please tell one what a Blog is

What what I have seen thus far, blogs are where people with no literary skills at all but with a shedload of self confidence proceed to inspect their collective belly buttons in a publically accessable medium.

And the link to my blog is is ...:suspect:

Avtrician
11th Mar 2006, 12:58
Sounds a bit like TRABBY then, except its more like a mass blog, or a blogging mass:confused::confused::E

Binoculars
11th Mar 2006, 13:04
Except me of course, as I don't have time to waste on frivolities.

:8 :8

(And no, I don't have one)

edusaeanna
11th Mar 2006, 13:43
Don't see the attraction myself...because I'd never procrastinate from work by posting random comments on the internet....no...not my thing at all. :rolleyes:
I do (genuinely) get a little confused by blogs which describe every aspect of someone's day in detail though...over and over again...why would anyone want to know? :confused: Maybe I'm just not nosey enough.

Capn Notarious
11th Mar 2006, 14:20
Maybe I'm just not nosey enough
"Maybe I'm just not nosey enough" is an accurrate description of one who has better things to do, such as like.
The Really Really Boring And Totally Pointless Snippets Of Information Thread Mk VII

edusaeanna
11th Mar 2006, 14:36
My point exactly Capn.... :p

Ozzy
11th Mar 2006, 16:25
my link to a blog made it through :E:E:E:E

Ozzy