PDA

View Full Version : What Do you eat/drink at the movies????

tall and tasty
10th Mar 2006, 21:39
After spending a lovely evening at the movies and when I go it is treat night and I always try something different whether it is the pop corn (salted) or the tacos/hotdogs or just a bag of pick and mix. I looked around this evening and everyone was munching at least something and drinking too.

So do you always eat at the cinema as a matter of course? It is treat night for me and the time I will indulge in ice cream or sweets too but how many of you do?

Do you always have the same thing or try a variety and do you think there should be more on offer.

Our local cinema will not allow you to bring in your own snacks now either should that be their right or should you be allowed to bring in what you like?

TnT :p

Onan the Clumsy
10th Mar 2006, 21:52
Absolutely nothing!

Partly because I'm a tight old git

Partly because it's all unhealthy shite

Partly because I don't go to the movies because it's like feeding time at the zoo :*

Why is it forbidden to eat with your mouth open at any place but the movies?

...erm, not you of course :O

Whirlygig
10th Mar 2006, 21:54
Can't remember; the last time I went to the cinema was to see Clint Eastwood in Unforgiven. Probably just had a soft drink!

Cheers

Whirls

tart1
10th Mar 2006, 22:07
No I don't usually eat at the cinema either.

It's all so expensive and unhealthy. If I ate anything it would be plain popcorn which is relatively good for you.

I think people should be allowed to eat their own stuff and if I wanted to, I would smuggle some in my handbag!! So there!! :p

To be perfectly honest, if a person can't go 2 or 3 hours without food, then they deserve to be overweight (and that probably applies to quite a lot of the population doesn't it??) (not you TnT because I know you are lovely and slim!!). :D

Onan the Clumsy
11th Mar 2006, 01:05
Actually, not that I could argue the point of NEEDING something every 2 or 3 hours, but apart from that, I've heard it's actually a lot healthier to graze all day long rather than gobble down huge meals hours apart.

BlueDiamond
11th Mar 2006, 01:25
I used to love the drive-in movies here ... go along in something like a station wagon, ute or panel van and reverse into the parking space. Open up the tailgate and pile into the back. You could eat or drink anything you wanted and most drive-ins were equipped with a "cafe" type food place where you could buy hot food ... hamburgers and so on ... as well as the usual array of snacks and drinks. It was a great night out with a bunch of friends. I'm not all that fond of the traditional (walk-in) cinemas and can not remember the last time I went to one.

BombayDuck
11th Mar 2006, 02:22
Popcorn! Caramel flavoured!

Loose rivets
11th Mar 2006, 03:33
Mmmm....touched a nerve there.

The last time I went to the ‘Movies', I was seated some forty feet from some slob who was so fat that he had to put his gallon bucket of pop-corn on the seat next to him. The noises he made, caused me to have feelings that no one human should have for another.

At the most tender moment of the film, SNORT, GROVEL GROVEL SCRAPE SNORT—munch munch much.

As the widow sobbed at the grave-side...SNORT, SUCK SUCK much munch SUCK SUCK, amplified by the waxed bucket that was almost entirely over his fat head.

As the immortal words (ho ho) ‘ashes to ashes...dust...' BOOM BOOM BANG BANG.... the :mad: was banging on the bottom of his bucket to get the last particles to shower onto his face...no doubt so that he could later lick his cheeks for final gastronomic gratification.

There is now a cinema in Austin that has waitress service, and I suppose that this does at least forewarn the film-goer what to expect.

Capn Notarious
11th Mar 2006, 09:29
Food at the cinema is the reason I rarely attend. All that extraneous activity, is a snouts in the trough distraction.

Binoculars
11th Mar 2006, 09:40
I wonder how many threads have been on JB over the years. I suppose one of them would have to qualify as containing the most boring opening idea for a "discussion" of any, and though I've never thought of that concept before, I am irresistibly moved to nominate this one as the obvious winner.

Sheesh, how on earth do we go downhill from here? :hmm:

Loose rivets
11th Mar 2006, 09:54
I wonder how many threads have been on JB over the years. I suppose one of them would have to qualify as containing the most boring opening idea for a "discussion" of any, and though I've never thought of that concept before, I am irresistibly moved to nominate this one as the obvious winner.
Sheesh, how on earth do we go downhill from here? :hmm:

Now, there's a good idear for threadhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v703/walnaze/stirthepot.gif

Ozzy
11th Mar 2006, 15:19
Bottle of water. Which I bring from home. There is no such thing as "food" available at the cinema. :E

Ozzy

AIRWAY
11th Mar 2006, 16:18
The usual,

Coca-Cola with sweet popcorn... Mind you the food costs more than the actual ticket :hmm:

haughtney1
11th Mar 2006, 20:51
Quite simply far too much...Ive even resorted to taking in my own peanut M & M's...this flying lark means I get soo much time off Im at the movies 3 days a week:} .....well every now and then