PDA

View Full Version : your flag carrier

purr777
10th Mar 2006, 12:11
One for crew and passengers alike: are you proud of your flag carrier?

I live in the UK and would have to say BA is our country representative - some will say it could be VS. Yes, BA is a pretty good airline, worthy of feeling proud of but sometimes I feel it drags its heels, eg. BA announced yesterday it wants to introduce on demand IFE in all cabins by 2008/2009, but VS and a lot of the middle eastern carriers are light years ahead re passenger comfort! It would also be nice to see some cabin investments as the BA 747s and 772s are pretty tired looking! 777-300 with all the mod cons at BA by 2020 maybe???

Clandestino
10th Mar 2006, 13:57
I work for state-owned flag carrier and I'm very proud to be associated with organization that is synonymous with gross management incompetence, nepotism and plain corruption.

Mick Stability
10th Mar 2006, 14:21
Our flag carrier cannot even organise the Govts Home Computer Initiative, so I wouldn't hold your breath for anything flash in the cabin.

In fact they couldn't even run a bath:bored:

CaptW5
10th Mar 2006, 18:27
Definition of "Flag Carrier":

http://www.hometravelagency.com/dictionary/flag-carrier.html

QWERTY9
11th Mar 2006, 20:20
Our flag carrier cannot even organise the Govts Home Computer Initiative, so I wouldn't hold your breath for anything flash in the cabin.
In fact they couldn't even run a bath:bored:

But, you'll be pleased to know that one of the companies your employers part own set up a very successful HCI scheme last year :D

apaddyinuk
14th Mar 2006, 12:17
I fly for a flag carrier (BA) but my flag carrier is Aer Lingus whom I used to work for. Loved the airline back then but now it is an embarrassement!