PDA

View Full Version : Pay scales in Brazil

wannabe-aviator
10th Mar 2006, 11:53
Dear Fellow Aviators

I Kindly seek to get information with regards to wages in Brazil, I would like to know what is the current pay scales at some of the Low cost Airlines and maybe even for Varig and if at all possible what is the pay scale for the smaller independant operators who fly Fokkers and Let410 and other such smaller planes, for all Positions associated with the company for example:

Captain
Co-Pilot
Operations/Dispatch Manager
Crewing Manager and so on.
Maintenance engineers

I very much hope someone can give a ball park figure in the Local Currency and US Dollars, or British Sterling according to yesterdays closing currency index its 3.89Ries for 1 british sterling if that helps with the conversations, I thank you again and look forward to hearing from you very soon.

regards
WA

wannabe-aviator
15th Mar 2006, 08:14
70 or So viwing and no idea, Id really really really appreciate some help please I have emailed some companies in Brazil to ask them about thier pay scale but as usual they say they are not at liberty to share the info, i hope someone can help me out.

regards
WA

alemaobaiano
15th Mar 2006, 11:12
WA
You already have the reason why no-one can give you the info, it is very rarely released by the companies involved.
When I saw your first post I looked in the "O Estado de S.Paulo" employment section, which carries a table of salaries in various industries. Unfortunately aviation isn't on the list.
Did you explain to the companies that you contacted why you want this information? If it was for a research project or educational reasons they would probably provide "rough" figures for you, however if you are looking for a job down here they won't tell you anything.
A friend of mine was a Captain at a now defunct mainline carrier here and was looking for a new position last year. He was being offered a salary around R$7500 (monthly) by one of the better known airlines, which he considered a joke. He now flies 747s in the Far East.
I understand that there are pilots here earning more than that, but this seems to be the figure for new hires, and I have heard rumours of First Officers being offered as low as R$5000. Extrapolating the figures that I have for other industries into the areas of your interest, managers can expect around R$4000 and engineers R$3500. These numbers could be totally wrong when applied to aviation, so treat them with care.
ab

FEDENO
15th Mar 2006, 15:00
This may help you!!

http://www.pilotjobsnetwork.com/

:ok:

wannabe-aviator
15th Mar 2006, 19:20
Dear Fedeno

Many thanks for the website it gave some very constructive feed back with regards to how much the major companies in Brazil pay, but it only mentioned Pilots and FOs nothing else But at least Its a a starting point should you have more info Id appreciate getting.

regards
WA