PDA

View Full Version : Wannabees with questions

Captain N
10th Mar 2006, 09:24
I have alays wanted to be a pilot especially for emirates or gulf air
can anyone tell me being an irish national but with eastern parents how much of a chance i have geting a first officr position with one of these airlines if i do an ATPL course at
http://www.qac.edu.qa/gi/ap.htm

I am 22 and have a degree in aerospace engineering as well.

thanks

Gufo
10th Mar 2006, 09:32
There are no major issues for your nationality, since the airlines you're talking about involve people from several national backgrounds.
You have to be aware, you can't possibly aim for a "zero-flight-time to Emirates-right-hand-seat" program... :8
Try to keep in mind that it might take years of aerial work, rugged airlines and rusty airplanes to work your way up.. If you become acquainted with this idea BEFORE you start, you're likely not to end up paying for everything, just because you must make it to those shiny new toys :ok:

C ya!! :)

Captain N
10th Mar 2006, 09:51
what about this school .
http://www.qac.edu.qa/gi/ap.htm

just want to make sure i'm not doomed if i pay to go there and then i cant even work in europe becaue its not as famous as Oxford or FTE etc.
If i get a job in the middle east then i dont care, but what if i dont get either! :confused:

Gufo
10th Mar 2006, 10:01
Well, dunno really about the school.. Maybe someone who works in Qatar will drop a note here..

The only thing I would say is: be EXTRA-sure that you'll walk away from this (or any other non-european) school with a full JAA licence! They might be not as famous as Oxford, but if you hold a JAA licence, you'll have the minimum requirements to carry on the fight :ok:

Captain N
10th Mar 2006, 10:06
thanks gufo

Schnowzer
10th Mar 2006, 10:53
It won't make your chance of a job any easier with EK unless your are a UAE national! You will not get into their cadet programme and you will need 4000hrs plus to apply as an F/O unless they start employing S/Os of which there are no current plans.

You will get a better training background by going to a Eur/US/Aus school, that is why EK sent its cadets to Michigan and now sends them to Aus.