PDA

View Full Version : Worst Movie Awards

ORAC
10th Mar 2006, 07:15
LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- Tom Cruise and fiancee Katie Holmes won Razzies for "most tiresome tabloid target," but it was Jenny McCarthy and her little-seen "Dirty Love" that dominated the 26th annual worst-film honors, winning four of 10 categories Saturday night, including worst picture of the year.

"I think that in picking 'Dirty Love,' though 99 percent of the public never heard of it, it really deserves the award," said Golden Raspberry Award Foundation "Head Berry" John Wilson after the awards, held at the 400-seat Ivar Theatre, a converted old moviehouse located appropriately on a lonely block between Sunset and Hollywood boulevards in Hollywood. "I lobbied shamelessly for it. I really wanted that film to win." "Dirty Love," which was directed by McCarthy's ex-husband John Asher and also written by the former Playboy Playmate, concerns a photographer (McCarthy) trying to get back at her two-timing boyfriend after he breaks up with her. The film, which earned just $58,116 at the box office, was pulverized by critics upon its very limited release in September. "Hopelessly incompetent," wrote the Chicago Sun-Times' Roger Ebert. "Excruciatingly inept," said the Village Voice's Mark Holcomb. "Clings to the gutter like a rat in garbage," observed The New York Times' Stephen Holden.

"The bastard child that might have resulted had John ['Bolero'] Derek and Tom ['Freddy Got Fingered'] Green spent the winter together tending sheep on Brokeback Mountain," said Wilson in introducing the film.

The Razzies also honored "Dirty Love" with trophies for worst actress (McCarthy), worst director (Asher) and worst screenplay (McCarthy again).

The Razzies' other awards went to Rob Schneider (worst actor) for "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo"; Hayden Christensen (worst supporting actor) for "Star Wars: Episode III -- Revenge of the Sith" (or, as the Razzie presenters said it, "Star Wars aye-aye-aye"); Paris Hilton (worst supporting actress) for "House of Wax"; Will Ferrell and Nicole Kidman (worst screen couple) for "Bewitched"; and "Son of the Mask" for worst remake or sequel.

"Son of the Mask" led all films with eight nominations going into the awards, which are traditionally held the night before the Academy Awards. Films are selected based on a variety of criteria, including a rating of less than 25 percent from review aggregator Rottentomatoes.com's "Tomatometer" and the voting of Golden Raspberry Award Foundation members.....

unclenelli
10th Mar 2006, 15:50
Has anyone seen Desert Thunder? - Got to be the worst ever aviation film if not the worst film ever - Chock full of yankee stereotypes & cliches, continuity errors, factual mistakes (has anyone ever flown in to Iraq from the Med over Iraq's western coast!?!?!? or flown from USA to bomb an Irqai airfield, then land back in the USA............ in F16s!!??!?!?)

Or there was a UK drama on a few years back filmed at Leeming about a female Tonka pilot Strike Farce

barit1
10th Mar 2006, 16:23
Has anyone seen Desert Thunder? - Got to be the worst ever aviation film if not the worst film ever - Chock full of yankee stereotypes & cliches, continuity errors, factual mistakes (has anyone ever flown in to Iraq from the Med over Iraq's western coast!?!?!? or flown from USA to bomb an Irqai airfield, then land back in the USA............ in F16s!!??!?!?)

Plays on the geographical ignorance of the American filmgoer ("OH - is Germany in Europe??") :ouch:

tart1
10th Mar 2006, 23:00
I'm extremely pleased that Bewitched got one of these awards.

I watched it on a flight back from a holiday (so I was a captive audience and carried on with it until the end) and I couldn't believe what a load of cobblers it was. What on earth is someone like Nicole Kidman thinking of appearing in absolute cr*p like this?? :yuk:

Rollingthunder
10th Mar 2006, 23:23
tart1

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$