PDA

View Full Version : Sound File Prob help?

tony draper
9th Mar 2006, 16:05
Been having a few puter probs,machine freezing up requiring reboot,seems to stem from Infraview the utility I use to play vid clips view images ect,so I reloaded infraview,and the problem is it has changed all my sound files to its own format or summat and whats worse says it cannot play them.
I think what I should have done is select "images only" when I reloaded, then my machine would have continued to use windows media player to play MP3s
I have hundred of sound files I do not want to lose,if I delete Infraview altogether is it liable to delete all my sound files as well? or how can I change my default audio player back to windows media player?.
Any help greatfully recieved,
Worried of Gateshead

BOAC
9th Mar 2006, 16:22
?Assuming we are talking Windows here?, you can either go through the file type association file suffix by suffix OR easier just reinstall WMP and tell it to 'action' all your files when it asks?

maxell
9th Mar 2006, 16:31
right click on one of the sound files select open with then choose program select your media player of preference and put a tick in always use this prog for these files
Max

tony draper
9th Mar 2006, 17:43
Thanks chaps,got it sorted,just needed to download a MP3 dlll plugin.
:rolleyes:

Tarq57
15th Mar 2006, 08:53
Is it Irfanviewer you are using? I just downloaded the same one, no problems. I did download the optional plugins with it, seems to work well on everything. Have still got WMP and Media player classic as the defaults, so far, though.