PDA

View Full Version : Night Flight into Basra

Lyneham Lad
8th Mar 2006, 16:49
Positive PR for the TriStar & crews. It may only be published in 'Soldier', but nevertheless, well done 216 Sqn :ok:
Full article here. (http://www.modoracle.com/?page=http://www.modoracle.com/news/detail.h2f?id=10335&category=all&refresh=ECAA1CF4-BFDA-4E13-A6D1F02638EA4449)

southside
8th Mar 2006, 16:52
Like it....well done Tristar blokes...

Biggus
8th Mar 2006, 17:19
Well I'm sure the 216 crew were very professional, but at the end of the day this is a case of 'Tristar crew do their job'!! As someone who has been to Basra(h!) many times by Tristar I can assure you this is a case of 'ops normal', as indeed, to be fair, the article itself says!!

Southside, if you ever dragged yourself out to the sandpit you might be better placed to comment - although commenting on things you know nothing about seems to be a speciality of yours!

8th Mar 2006, 17:36
any problem with the [AT] service is no reflection on how these crews carry out a demanding role.
Well said.

fabs
8th Mar 2006, 18:02
I'm glad Soldier Magazine decided to publish this article. When I was out therea wee while ago it was sometimes difficult to explain to the Army, particularly those stationed at Abu Naji, just how stretched the AT fleet are.
We crabs were always public enemy No1 (with the exception of the SH guys there) whenever there were delays are cancellations, it was nothing personal, they were just frustrated because they were getting a pretty hard time from the locals outside the wire and losing R&R time etc.
The more articles there are to explain to the guy on the ground outside the wire, that most of us crabs are doing our best for them the better!

8th Mar 2006, 18:55
Soldier Magazine publishes an article praising the RAF Tristar crews and all you can do is whinge.

Of course, no soldier has even been on the receiving end of anything similar, have they?

Roadster280
8th Mar 2006, 19:34
Well done 216 Sqn and the Royal Air Force.

Thank you for doing your job. I might be an ex-soldier living overseas, but nevertheless. Well done and thank you.

PS Please can we have more Tristars (or newer) and no VC10s? The Conways used to wake me up at 0600 every morning when I was posted to BZZ!

Tourist
8th Mar 2006, 20:30
Biggus.
Get out of bed the wrong side?

I thought that was southside's least offensive/irrelevant/incorrect post so far.

ratty1
8th Mar 2006, 21:06
Like it....well done Tristar blokes...

Blokes? What about all the Female staff on 216Sqn? Dont they count?

8th Mar 2006, 21:13
Only by using their fingers, allegedly. :}

Biggus
9th Mar 2006, 02:52
It's a sleeping bag actually!

FormerFlake
9th Mar 2006, 06:15
If only that article showed the true story, still good PR for the RAF and 216 Sqn.

southside
9th Mar 2006, 16:51
Tropical. I slag something off and I get slated. I congratulate fello aviators on a most worthwhile and professional job and I get slated.

Im glad some people appreciate the Armed Forces....Biggus clearly doesn't

ratty1
9th Mar 2006, 16:57
Tropical.

Do you mean typical?

southside
9th Mar 2006, 17:00
No, Tropical. Its a top secret NATO codeword

ratty1
9th Mar 2006, 17:01
No, Tropical.

What do you mean when you say tropical then?

foldingwings
9th Mar 2006, 17:43
Southside,

Tropical. I slag something off and I get slated. I congratulate fello aviators on a most worthwhile and professional job and I get slated.
Im glad some people appreciate the Armed Forces....Biggus clearly doesn't

Since when did a pusser have the right to call him/herself aircrew? You confessed on another site that you were chopped as an Obs and were now a Supplier (RN). You also confessed on the 'magistrate's thread' that you had been up before the magistrates 3 times 'with your hat off'. Guilty or Not Guilty?

What kind of deranged Walter Mitty character are you?

southside
9th Mar 2006, 19:47
that was Southside. This is southside The imposter uses a capital S with a fullstop.

The nearest Ive come to being a pusser was during a summer ball at the back of Hawke division....but thats another story.

and yes Iv'e been in front of a magistrate...are you suggesting that aircrew are immune from prosecution....I should have instructed my solicitor better....

Biggus
10th Mar 2006, 02:26
southside

It's people like you that I don't appreciate! I also get the distinct impression, from the reactions of others to the vast majority of your comments posted on pprune, that I am not alone in that view!

As an aside anyone with recent experience of the sandpit will also know that 216 aren't doing that job any more!!

Nibbled2DeathByDucks
10th Mar 2006, 04:51
As an aside anyone with recent experience of the sandpit will also know that 216 aren't doing that job any more!!

Since when? Yes, there are charters, but the Tristar is still going to the sandpit.

stillin1
10th Mar 2006, 07:28
Coo, how did this "well done 216" thread manage to go downhill so fast?
Ah! yes -
southside = you brought it on yourself mate!
ratty = no point arguing, he don't listen!
biggus = kinda depends on how big your definition of 'sandpit' is!
By the way - nice PR 216
I go home on the charter so I don't care where the Tri-### goes at the moment:ok:

Lyneham Lad
10th Mar 2006, 16:11
Coo, how did this "well done 216" thread manage to go downhill so fast?
Beaten to it. As the originator, I too have watched what was intended to be wider dissemination of good publicity be turned into a slanging match. :{
Maybe the perpertators should continue vie PM's (or use the traditional solution for settling differences).