PDA

View Full Version : Dana Reeve (widow of Christopher Reeve)

djk
8th Mar 2006, 12:28
No doubt this has been on the news in the UK as well as over here, but I doubt it's received so much saturated news coverage

I feel sorry for their child to have lost both his parents in such a short space of time, but I am so sick of hearing about Dana Reeve on the news.
They did a whole tribute for her on CNN (which lasted several hours and even this morning they continued with the story) and just mentioned in passing that Gordon Parks (director of "Shaft" and "The Learning Tree") had died.
Although the only thing it has done is wipe any news coverage of Kirby Puckett's death off the news.

What infuriates me the most is how much they're going on about how she died of lung cancer from passive smoke inhalation. There were others who have died from the same ailment, take Roy Castle for instance, but when he died there was never this big uproar.

But then again they lived for a long time in Hollywood, a place where air pollution is so bad that you can barely see the famed Hollywood sign from a couple of miles away. I live in Minneapolis, people are on their soap boxes about banning smoking in public restaurants and bars, then they go outside to the parking lot and get into their gas guzzling SUVs, pick-up trucks and mini-vans, and then in February 2005 we had 3 days where they issued air pollution warnings. :* :* :*

bear11
8th Mar 2006, 12:38
How do they bloody know it was from passive smoking?

"One in 10 people who get it have never actually been smokers themselves or lived with smokers, according to Cancer Research UK."

from: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/4779694.stm

- food for thought for people with a brain and long-suffering from Typical American Bull*hit.

HowlingWind
8th Mar 2006, 12:52
But then again they lived for a long time in HollywoodGot it in one, DJK. CNN is one of the most shameless world media organisations when it comes to celebrity worship (some would call it pandering), though none have a clean slate on the matter. I'm sure Mrs. Reeve was a fine woman and an inspiration to many -- and it is indeed a tragic story -- but the fact is the world is full of such stories that are never told. There is a point where it all simply becomes overdone. :(

Wyler
8th Mar 2006, 13:42
Very sad.
What really surprises me though is that her husband, a man from another planet who could fly, see through lead, lift fantastic weights, move at the speed of sound, freeze things and have lasers coming from his eyes got so fcuked up falling off a horsey.
I trust Spiderman, Batman and the Hulk will take a little more care of themselves, and our fragile human emotions.

CSilvera
9th Mar 2006, 04:28
How do you prepare a child for that?