PDA

View Full Version : ID on BA Domestic

Jordan D
8th Mar 2006, 09:32
This may well have appeared before (apologies), and I'm not a dab hand at search, so can someone help me - I'm flying EDI-LHR-EDI this week with BA, and was wondering: do I need ID for the flights?

I normally fly EZY and have my provisional driving license, but do BA need differently/more/less?

Jordan

The Greaser
8th Mar 2006, 10:29
www.ba.com

BOAC
8th Mar 2006, 10:38
From that web site

"For travel within the UK only, you do not need to carry either photographic ID or your passport"

I would still carry something, however, just in case!

Full Emergency
8th Mar 2006, 11:08
This may well have appeared before (apologies), and I'm not a dab hand at search, so can someone help me - I'm flying EDI-LHR-EDI this week with BA, and was wondering: do I need ID for the flights?

I normally fly EZY and have my provisional driving license, but do BA need differently/more/less?

Jordan

I'll probably see you as you leave the aircraft as I am due to go LHR - EDI - LHR this week!!

FE

Jordan D
13th Mar 2006, 22:12
Many thanks - as it happened, they did ask for ID - a Credit Card in Edinburgh and my Provisional Driving License at LHR.

Jordan

Avman
14th Mar 2006, 09:19
as it happened, they did ask for ID

In which case BA would do well to amend the information given on their website - or educate their check-in and gate staff! I detest this type of inconsistancy which exists today. And if you argue the point the pax is always wrong!

nivsy
15th Mar 2006, 18:13
Come on the pax are just about always wrong with BA!!! Curious tho' - was on an iberia domestic the other day - all pax scooted thru boarding quite happily in front of me but when i handed by boarding card they wanted ID - maybe it was due to electronic ticket? Dunno. Seemed odd to me - maybe they think all Brits are bad guys.

Crowe
20th Mar 2006, 15:33
Have done MAN-LGW and back loads of times with no photo ID - I always use the checkin machines or PYOBP though, might be different if you have to speak to an agent.

Haven't a clue
20th Mar 2006, 16:52
Rule seems to be if you have to go to a desk with an e-ticket then they want to see ID for each traveller. If you are travelling alone, they regards the credit card which paid for the ticket as ID. If you check in on line or use the machines, they don't, unless you want to check in hold baggage when they do.

I remember when FlyBE first started to ask me for photo ID they gave security as the reason. In reality IMHO they just wanted to stamp out the practice of people selling on their cheap tickets when they couldn't travel.