PDA

View Full Version : summer time colds again

thereceiver2004
8th Mar 2006, 09:25
hi all

last week was in the gatwick area so popped into the campaign to see the mdeical guys. Once there I asked the young lady if i could have a list of approved antihistamines that I could take during the summer... she blankly looked at me and said, the list is on the website, please look there or call in and speak to a doctor. I said ok thankyou there is a doctor there sitting drinking a cup of coffee could i please ask him as i have made the journey.. no she said he is resting.. please call in by telephone.

anyway looked on website, nothing listed, called up and was told to talk to my AME who did my last renewal... he is away.

so does anybody here KNOW for FACT which over the counter antihistamines are allowed by the campaign (CAA) for the relief of summer colds.

My partner is a doctor and has suggested a spray and a one a day tabet, but i want to just check it is allowed

thanks in advance

:8

BOAC
9th Mar 2006, 19:22
All I can find for now
http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?categoryid=49&pagetype=70&groupid=208&faqid=359

Dusty_B
13th Mar 2006, 10:49
Clarityn (or rather it's principal component - but I can't remember its name) is the only one that is 'approved'. On prescription, it is known as neoclarityn.

I managed to get that out of them over the phone about three years ago!